Yay for dumbasses that cant torque lug nuts

Well ive been having "Death wobble" issues, I figured it was the track bar so i was going to wait and order all new front end parts and fix it. Well I left work tonight and when I got up to 40 I heard a loud knocking sound, So I drove it home slowly and when I got home I jacked the front end up thinking id find something obvious. I couldn't find anything that caught my attention, so i decided to take the wheels off and take a closer look, well guess what I found. Three lug nuts missing and I could shake the tire around easily so I took the two remaining lug nuts off by hand redface.gif this is what i find. DO NOT EVER LET SOMEONE ELSE WORK ON YOUR VEHICLE!!!!! They apparently do not know how to torque lug nuts...... nono.gif

2013-06-08_01-54-15_711_zpsd89763b5.jpg

2013-06-08_01-53-49_251_zps580408bd.jpg

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

looks like you learned the hard way. sorry to hear man!

glad it didn't come off while doing 40! could have turned out a lot worse.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Had my moms Suburban brought to a tire shop once and they impacted the lug nuts on without first having hand spun them on the threads and basically cross threaded the lugs and they had to be torched off. I dont trust my truck at shops so i do everything myself. Sorry to hear about that though dude, probably gonna have to replace the hub assembly.

Archived