Second Skin Audio

Best for hairtricks port wise?

Eeeewwwkkk out of all those answers noone seemed to answer the question... how does aero stand up to slot durability wise? do you have to do extra to say pvc and in his situation does the air flow better through aero or slot? simple question dont need the hate. its my friend Johnathans build in his F150. I was just using a for example. but hell no everyone thinks Just because Im working on 3 boxes at the moment im trolling... what am i trolling for? more info? i mean seriously people.. btw the S10 with 2 15's is done waiting on new amp to arrive vids up soon.. just on a side note.

No one can help you build your box, and I, for one, have no knowledge of your woodworking skills. You're asking the wrong questions when it comes to achieving a hair trick and you seem obsessed with it.

Furthermore, you seem to not listen well. There is NOOOOOO formula for if you do A, then B is the outcome. It just DOESN'T work like that.

As far as aero vs. slot port, aeros are an efficient port design. It didn't mean that they are easier to achieve a trick with.

You're after answers that no one can give you and that are very BUILD specific. Someone could take your same equipment and pull a trick. Someone else, they may not. Quit asking questions as though this were a perfect science, it's not. And as TFade said, building for a goal suck as a hairtrick is silly to begin with. Build to get loud. Who cares if you're moving a bunch of inaudible air?!?!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

lol, wow, tell him there is no answer and that he will have to figure it out with testing and he says its an answer he was looking for...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Either will do it if the box is designed right

Ohhhhh dear....I'm really starting to HATE seeing "How do I hairtrick" threads from the same users.....

DO like the rest of us and:

1)Build

2)Test

3)Rebuild

4)Test

5)Repeat steps 1-4 as long as it takes for results

I did good hairtricks with the same amp and 2 15s in my ext. cab

2 15s with a good sized box/port with some power and you'll be set

I'd definitely say that a couple of 15s are good enough cone area for an extended cab S-10/Sonoma.

I'd also so say that port and sub orientation and build quality on the whole cabin will affect that hairtrick from happening or not. Sound deadening would play a factor in the ability to pull a trick off or not.

Tell your buddy to stop tuning his boxes at 26 Hz too, that's not the way to do it. The best way to hairtrick is POWER and CONE area.

^^^ THIS, a guy local down here can do hairtricks like nothing, play down to the mid 20's yet he's tuned in the mid 40 range

this all says its build pacific on if or if not it will work. its says cone area and power plus a good build design will get a hair trick.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Tell your buddy to stop tuning his boxes at 26 Hz too, that's not the way to do it. The best way to hairtrick is POWER and CONE area.

^^^ THIS, a guy local down here can do hairtricks like nothing, play down to the mid 20's yet he's tuned in the mid 40 range

Regarding this and my findings with the IM-SG. Lots of people who think they are tuned high but can play that low are really tuned lower than they think

Lots of port really doesent make sense. I feel as tho the smaller the port to an extent the faster the air woul be coming out. I also feel as itd be better on the woofers as there would be higher compression/pressure in the box with a smaller port. But thats my .02c just dont make ur port like fukn huge!! Make a normal port with alot of power:) and cone area:) imo of course

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Archived