Second Skin Audio

Best for hairtricks port wise?

Okay lets make a little scenario here. Jimmey has 2 Dc Xl m1 15's in his cab and half sanoma lets say 2002 just for giggles, okay so lets say he has awesoem electrical never drops below 13.8, running on a let' say crescendo bc5500, now jimmey loves the low hitting notes, he wants to show off and do hair tricks for all the ladies, so jimmey starts building his box and starts wondering what better for his application a slot port or a Aero port now jimmey doesnt know much about the aero ports durability and such can someone help so he knows what is the beinifits and cons of each setup for what he wants to do.

Ohhhhh dear....I'm really starting to HATE seeing "How do I hairtrick" threads from the same users.....

DO like the rest of us and:

1)Build

2)Test

3)Rebuild

4)Test

5)Repeat steps 1-4 as long as it takes for results

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I did good hairtricks with the same amp and 2 15s in my ext. cab

2 15s with a good sized box/port with some power and you'll be set

I'd definitely say that a couple of 15s are good enough cone area for an extended cab S-10/Sonoma.

I'd also so say that port and sub orientation and build quality on the whole cabin will affect that hairtrick from happening or not. Sound deadening would play a factor in the ability to pull a trick off or not.

edit:

Just build a slot port and call it a day

18sqin per cube

Saw your original post that said you do Hairtricks on less that 1000W.

That's probably not what you'd start with suggesting to other members as a standard practive though right?

Known ways of getting the tricks are cone area and power and good box design/orientation. Vehicle acoustics also matter.

Archived