about to upgrade need advice

If your gonna be running 5k plus watts then you need more then 1 run of 1/0 gauge. Atleast 3

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I understand that and thanks for clarifying, but the one thing I'm still not getting is how will that benefit if the 1 run allows the full current that the 1 alt produces, unless the multiple runs are to put major pull on the under the hood battery to keep the system running fully, but then won't the major pull off that one battery cause major volt drops to the point of risking damaging the stock electrical system? Thanks for all the help though man, it's greatly apprecieated!

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

The extra runs allow for more power transfer faster. Less resistance the more runs you have means less voltage drops. If 1 run was enough then why would usaci and iasca limit the amount of runs allowed in lower classes? Because the extra runs help.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It's more than just the allowing the current of the alt to flow to the batts its how much current your amps are going to draw through that wire as well. Your talking 6000 watts that's 416 amps at 14 volts and if your voltage drops that goes up at 12 volts you would be drawing 500 amps of current. If you want to possibly start a fire in your car use one run if not then do your self a favor and do multiple runs 2 at least but 3 would be better. No such thing as overdoing it when it comes to electrical. Oh and don't forget about your grounds too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yep ground from alt case to frame and front batt to frame. Ground the rear batts to the frame to or atleast do an equal amount of power and ground runs frontbro back.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

So 3 runs would be best, and all of my current grounds are already to the frame, but I think i understand now, if anyone else wants to chip in feel free to, but as I said, thanks a lot everyone, I'm going to have the loudest system in my county after this haha

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

shouldn't claim the loudest that fast, there is always someone bigger and better.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

I just want to add in... although getting a price break on the kinetik's, I'd still consider XS. I myself had 2 kinetiks (1400 and 600 I believe). Running a 1500bdcp and 2 T1's off it. Stock alt (130 amps approx). Well, lights dimming and all. I mean, couldn't go past 22/35 because lights dim. I upgraded the 600 to an XS 3100 (I forget numbers lmfao) so although bigger battery, now I have less dimming. Can go to 25/35 on almost every single song and hell, some, I can't get any dimming.

So if the price they're giving you is a hell of a deal, like half off or something? I'd take it. But if it's just like $10 off or something? I'd definitely still consider XS or something. But that's my 2 cents.

Everything else I've read is either Idk or spot on. Like having multiple runs from the alt, although one run can handle all the power? More runs the better. It has more channels to flow. Not cramming that 300 amps of juice through a wire. It may be 200 amps in one, 100 in another (although probably proven it's 150 each but eh).

Sheena = pedobear

At my local shop the kinetik 2000's are normally 300 ea and I can get 4 for 900, and i can get 25 ft spools of 0 ga for 90, sometimes less. This is why I want to make sure I get everything I need.

Also, I live in redneck county nc, I already have the loudest in town lol.

My Youtube Channel

...Seems like 90 psi...

Archived