1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

If everything the guy is doing is right and he's certain the signal is clean why is the sub not being able to handled rated being ruled out? Seems like quite a few people have said tantric subs get hot and smelly on rated or just over rated power, which is exactly what he's experiencing but people wanna blame it on his electrical, box and music signal. I'm not trying to bash tantric here cause they're great sounding subs and seem to be in a lot of loud builds, I just feel I have enough evidence from builds I've seen to say they might not be able to handle rated power or they can but you have to be ultra conservative.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

If everything the guy is doing is right and he's certain the signal is clean why is the sub not being able to handled rated being ruled out? Seems like quite a few people have said tantric subs get hot and smelly on rated or just over rated power, which is exactly what he's experiencing but people wanna blame it on his electrical, box and music signal. I'm not trying to bash tantric here cause they're great sounding subs and seem to be in a lot of loud builds, I just feel I have enough evidence from builds I've seen to say they might not be able to handle rated power or they can but you have to be ultra conservative.

I dont know you but the guys name is gckless. Quite rude and disrespectful... Next thing is that I have heard No-one speak of tantric getting hot quickly unless there is some underlying issue. They do get the tantric smell due to the coils being coated. Lastly, I as well as MANY others can attest that tantric subs do more than rated on average. I personally was running 2 shd's on 20k....

Team Deadly Hertz

Ampere Audio/SHCA/Singer/ XS POWER

I have seen three builds in person throwing almost 3x the power or more than the subs are rated for to hds, hdds, and shds. They all took it like champs

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I dont know you but the guys name is gckless. Quite rude and disrespectful... Next thing is that I have heard No-one speak of tantric getting hot quickly unless there is some underlying issue. They do get the tantric smell due to the coils being coated. Lastly, I as well as MANY others can attest that tantric subs do more than rated on average. I personally was running 2 shd's on 20k....
I didn't try to come off as rude and disrespectful but pretty much every tantric build I've personally seen has a heating up problem.. Just something I noticed. I also clearly stated I wasn't bashing tantric. Idk where the rude and disrespectful came from, was it me not using the guys username or something?

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I have seen three builds in person throwing almost 3x the power or more than the subs are rated for to hds, hdds, and shds. They all took it like champs

I just haven't come across them I guess... Everyone running tantric that I come across must not know how to set gains or something I guess idk.. Just saying from what I see, I think the sub is the problem. I hope I'm wrong though

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I just haven't come across them I guess... Everyone running tantric that I come across must not know how to set gains or something I guess idk.. Just saying from what I see, I think the sub is the problem. I hope I'm wrong though
I'm not saying you're wrong.... But tantric subs are no joke. They do always have a certain smell. It's not like a cooked coil but it would have me worried the first few times

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

Team Subsonic Lows

Your wrong...They all smell until broken in..yes you were rude.. And passive aggressive is still bashing..

Team Deadly Hertz

Ampere Audio/SHCA/Singer/ XS POWER

Now I don't see how he was rude or passive aggressive.:shrug: I'm done

Team Subsonic Lows

369209.gif

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Archived