1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

So new setup will be:

1x Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII

1x Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII

2x Ground Zero GZHA 1.1850DXII

3x Dayton Audio HO 12"

2x Stereo Integrity TM65 (going to compare to Exodus Anarchy and decide which to run)

Of course, that's if anyone will buy the Zed, DC, or SHD. Buy my amps people!

What's with the Dayton audio? I haven't heard much good or bad from them.

Dayton probably isn't too popular around here, but they're a good brand. You can find them on Parts Express. I've actually never heard anything bad about Dayton now that I think about it. I chose the HO's because of the tiny box requirements of them. They only need ~1.4 cubes ported each 12.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

• 2 months later...
Alright, where to start. Been a lot of changes.

- Leviathan was sold.

- DC 5k was sold.

- SHD was removed.

- Exodus Anarchys were removed.

Bought a new Soundstream REF2.370 and REF2.640. Pics!

DSC_1871-L.jpg

DSC_1925-L.jpg

DSC_1854-L.jpg

DSC_1890-L.jpg

DSC_1928-L.jpg

DSC_1858-L.jpg

Also bought two Ground Zero amps, a GZHA 4200XII and 2400XII.

Went back and forth with Scott from GZ USA for months (literally months, since last summer) and was finally able to swing a couple amps. Really excited to try these. Only thing is, he just told me yesterday that during shipping, the pallet the amps on broke on the truck and the amps slid all over. He's reviewing now, so hopefully there will be a couple good ones in the bunch and I won't have to wait for another shipment from Germany. I have absolutely no doubt he will make things right, even if I get them and there are problems.

So, for amps, I will be running the SS REF2.370 for tweeters, the GZHA 4200XII bridged to each mid at 8 ohms, and the GZHA 2400XII at 2 ohms for subs. So, all class AB. I was all class D before, so I'll be able to see if there really is a difference. I don't think there is, for the record.

The amp rack is going to be a two level deal, just waiting on the GZ amps to get here so I can measure to start building.

For mids, my Exodus Anarchy's came out today. They were replaced with Stereo Integrity TM65's. First, some photos:

DSC_2012-L.jpg

DSC_2028-L.jpg

DSC_2032-L.jpg

I put mine in today, and my initial impression was one of slight disappointment. There was a hollow sound and I found myself reaching for EQ. Vocals sounded a bit odd. Quick RTA showed 500Hz was down, but I'm not totally sure at this point it's solely the drivers themselves. Might be the way they're playing with the truck. I also noticed that they don't seem as efficient as the Anarchy's I took out, seems like they both handle more and require more power to get loud. Seemed like the snap of a snare drum was more in your face though, I did like that.

Regardless, I only have about 45 minutes on them, so I will definitely give them some time. Both of the symptoms I've described will almost definitely subside after break in. I also only have them on like 30W or so, temp amp right now until my Ground Zero amps get here. I'm excited to see what they hold in store. I will be revisiting the Anarchy's in another month or two, and do a true side-by-side with both broken in well.

Here's another review where the initial symptoms were also seen, and disappeared after some listening: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/180162-average-joe-review-stereo-integrity-tm65.html

For subs, I plan on running a pair of Dayton HO 15's sealed.

I think that's it for now.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Quite an interesting and drastic change in equipment

Yes sir. Getting my backseat back, saving some money, and I'm kinda sick of repairing things because my car is literally rattling apart. It's definitely fun to be that loud, but it's just too much cash for me right now.

Yes sir. Getting my backseat back, saving some money, and I'm kinda sick of repairing things because my car is literally rattling apart. It's definitely fun to be that loud, but it's just too much cash for me right now.

Even so, I have heard good things about those Dayton Audio woofers, I myself considered using your titanic series woofers for a while!

Even so, I have heard good things about those Dayton Audio woofers, I myself considered using your titanic series woofers for a while!

Me too. Bandwidth should be great, and the small box requirements drew me to them. Cheap to boot.

Great news! The Ground Zero amps weren't damaged in the shipping mishap, and will be on their way to me tomorrow.

Here is a rough sketch of what the sub box/amp rack will look like. The SS REF2.370 is up above centered, the two GZ amps are down below. Wiring and everything else under the GZ amps.

Amp%20Rack_zpsapcmt8mk.jpg

Open to any other ideas for the amp configuration as well.

SHD is sold! Ordered a pair of Dayton Audio HO 15's. Got them from Vertex Audio, they are cheaper than Parts Express and are awesome guys so make sure you order from there!

Ground Zero amps should be here Wednesday. I'm actually really excited for those.

Still open to ideas for the amp rack.

looks cool gil, real cool. improvements with the little stereo integrity drivers? they looks sweet...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived