1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

I'm coming from a high-end r/c pool of knowledge. The sophisticated electronics in the esc can run at 150 all day. A speaker can handle 150 no problem. 150 is way too hot to touch by hand, you will burn yourself.

You're right to be concerned with heat, but the way you are describing it is relative, so you are getting different answers.

Get the battery for your temp gauge. Give us a number so we can give you an informed objective answer.

Truth about the esc I've had burn lines across my fingers from mine lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm coming from a high-end r/c pool of knowledge. The sophisticated electronics in the esc can run at 150 all day. A speaker can handle 150 no problem. 150 is way too hot to touch by hand, you will burn yourself.

You're right to be concerned with heat, but the way you are describing it is relative, so you are getting different answers.

Get the battery for your temp gauge. Give us a number so we can give you an informed objective answer.

I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.

A coil itself should be ok at 150C, but that's still 300F. That's damn hot, hotter than I'm comfortable with especially when it can be 130F or more in the car in the summer. 100F ambient air temps don't exactly cool things well. Not to mention, what sort of indication is the outside of a dustcap, relative to the coil or even the air inside?

Don't get me wrong here man, I do appreciate the help.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Trade is more than likely going to happen. As much as I REALLY want to keep this thing, it's just too big to work well in this Blazer for me. It's for the better. And the 15's I'm getting aren't exactly low-end subs either.

But trade won't happen until around Thanksgiving. I'm an indecisive fuck, so the more time there is, the more stupid ideas I get. "Maybe I'll try two 10's in a horn. Should be louder right?".

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

I want you to go back to radiators.

I don't want to be alone haha

I really loved the sound of my PR setup. Just wanted a bit more output. In retrospect, should have never got rid of em.

I think you're looking at it all wrong. Instead of getting the best drivers to fit your blazer, you need to find the best vehicle to house a 24". Minivans can be cheap... lol

Lol, I'm not driving a minivan around, don't care what kind of subs are inside it. But you may be right about another vehicle.

I am ecstatic with the sound and output of mine. I did a 149 on half power.

I expect around a 152-153 when said and done. Not the loudest setup in the world, but extremely musical and reliable.

Best part, no smell, even if I beat on it for hours

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

I am ecstatic with the sound and output of mine. I did a 149 on half power.

I expect around a 152-153 when said and done. Not the loudest setup in the world, but extremely musical and reliable.

Best part, no smell, even if I beat on it for hours

No smell because you can't! Lol. Well, unless you're inverted anyway. My last PR setup had to change anyway, I didn't have enough Vd in my PRs and they were bottoming out.

What is your setup right now?

I wonder if I can get Murphy to build me a pair of 21" PRs.....

Could fit it as sub back/port up. Should be essentially the same as sub up/port back, right?

any sub can be built into a PR

I have sub up, PR inverted firing backward. 2 18s and 2 18 PRs

I also don't have enough come area for PRs, but have some high excursion PRs and ideas being worked on.

I plan on doing a big write up on PRs once I finish my door panels and am at a stopping point

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

any sub can be built into a PR

I have sub up, PR inverted firing backward. 2 18s and 2 18 PRs

I also don't have enough come area for PRs, but have some high excursion PRs and ideas being worked on.

I plan on doing a big write up on PRs once I finish my door panels and am at a stopping point

And you don't have any problems around tuning?

I actually did a write-up, titled "Passive Radiators and You". Maybe you can just add to that? All good if you wanna start a new one though.

Archived