Second Skin Audio

What Do You Think?

i just got a sweet ass deal on some audio from my boss. a set of kicker l5 15's, and 2 crunch pzi 1000/1's. i am gonna use 1 amp for each sub. doing a 6 cu.ft box tuned to around 35 herts. what do you think i should hit. i will have the electrical to support it. 2 kinetik 1600's or 4 800's it all depends on where i have to put them. the big three and a 180 amp alt. all 0 gauge wiring. i am hoping for atleast a 140 db. it will be in either a 92 integra or a 97 corolla.

----reference's----

meade916

its honestly impossible to guess

anywhere from 50db - 150db or even 170 if ur a god

ull get the numbers when they happen

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

bad to predict im told

i know but i can wait to start this damn build. it will take me 20 days to work off the cost. he told me i make $30 a day. so i will let you do the math.

$30 a day x 20 days=pure happyness. everything is brand new too.

almost forgot and a cadence qxr7 crossover.

i cant wait

----reference's----

meade916

What do the pzi1000.1 actually hit rms wise? Gotta be 600 at most, right? 24ampx4

it actually says it will do 1000 watts at 1 ohm. but into the 2 ohm each sub will be wired to i will see 750 to each sub. 1500 watts will be loud as hell thats all i care about plus some O2 mids and highs. o yeah.

----reference's----

meade916

1000 is maxx. With 100 amp fuses at most you should be getting 600 rms. Either way though it should bump! I personally like the crunch/maxxsonics stuff but they don't rate the lower end crunch stuff (I hate that!) Oh well they perform good for the money! It says 500rms at 2 ohms on sonicelectronix but they can be misleading. I'd say at least 400 rms at 2 ohms though.

1000 is maxx. With 100 amp fuses at most you should be getting 600 rms. Either way though it should bump! I personally like the crunch/maxxsonics stuff but they don't rate the lower end crunch stuff (I hate that!) Oh well they perform good for the money! It says 500rms at 2 ohms on sonicelectronix but they can be misleading. I'd say at least 400 rms at 2 ohms though.

1-Ohm Stable Mono-Block Amplification

P 1000.1

1000W 1-Channel A/B Class Mono Amplifier

250W x 1-Ch @ 4-Ohms or

500W x 1-Ch @ 2-Ohms or

1000W x 1-Ch @ 1-Ohm Dynamic Music Watts

Includes Remote Mountable Bass Control

if i am only gonna get 400 at 2 ohms then i am strapping 2 of these on each sub

----reference's----

meade916

Just try em out and see what you think of it. I'm pretty sure the 1500.1 is only good for at most 750 rms and I don't know if that's inflated or not (probably!!!) But the 3000.1 is an excellent amp. I've sold a few 1500.1's and a couple of the 3000.1. The 3k.1 is smaller and heavier and is a really nice amp. I'd personally go with one of those. I get those for $150 all day long you might be able to find one on ebay for that...