Second Skin Audio

4-layer voice coil or 8-layer voice coil *(Is this a VS thread?)*

I have been researching this lately, for the build I'm about to begin.

If I use a 4 layer flat-wound "stealth" coil, my subs will only be able to take about 2K rms each.

But if I use an 8 layer hi-temp alum coil, wrapped on an anodized alum former, my subs will take 3K rms each.

Others results may very, but this is how it is for me. Hope that helps.

I dont know of any other manufacture that has a coil they call a stealth coil other than us so I think your referring to ours as a 4 layer coil, The stealth coil has always been a 8 layer flat wound hi temp coil

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

If I use a 4 layer flat-wound "stealth" coil, my subs will only be able to take about 2K rms each.

But if I use an 8 layer hi-temp alum coil, wrapped on an anodized alum former, my subs will take 3K rms each.

I dont know of any other manufacture that has a coil they call a stealth coil other than us so I think your referring to ours as a 4 layer coil, The stealth coil has always been a 8 layer flat wound hi temp coil

Clearly that means the "Stealth" mode worked. Which is why he thought it was 4 layers, because the 8-layers were in stealth mode :ehh: lol

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Sorry about that, your right. I totally quoted that wrong.

The 4 layer coils I was referring to was the ones PSi quoted me for.

I probably did see that term on your site and get it confused.

I think their exact words were - " slim 4 layer 3.5" coil… not a monster! ".

So it was slim, not stealth. My bad.

But did I at least answer the question right?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived