Second Skin Audio

trunk enclosure suggestion

OrenB217

I have a 98 nissan maxima trunk system (2 nightshade v2 15s on zv3 spiders on a sundown 4500 at .5. Subs/port are faced forward sealed off the trunk) that i will be rebuilding to a center slot port faced forward sealed off. What kind of box/tuning/and port specs would you reccommend for this system based on power and vehicle. My current design i have in mind is 6.3 cubes at 40hz with 112 sq inches of port, but port plug it for daily to 34 hz and 82 sq inches of port. I am after a flat response on music, demo vehicle for hairtricks as well as a high spl peak. My current box is 6.7 cubes with 99 sq inches of port at 35 hz, does awesome hairtricks and metered over 150db out the trunk, but i feel like it can get louder with a center port and different box (current box is a driver side slot port) any input would be greatly appreciated!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

i figured you would be seeing this lol...and i tried what you told me about the pvc pipe and it didnt do anything, maybe cause i had a drivers side port. I meant to tell you at slamology but we were all over the place

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Archived