Second Skin Audio

Has anybody heard the Mtx 9500 sub?

Do you guy thing they could beat a L7 in output for a daily driver?   Also how many watt do they need to perform the best?

I wouldn't doubt that it will sound better but I would put money on the L7s being able to take a bigger beating than the MTX.

if your willing to put some money on it and come own to fresno we can do some side by side testing in any configuration youd like, SPL/SQL/lpower handling you pick the poison

Do you guy thing they could beat a L7 in output for a daily driver? Also how many watt do they need to perform the best?

I wouldn't doubt that it will sound better but I would put money on the L7s being able to take a bigger beating than the MTX.

if your willing to put some money on it and come own to fresno we can do some side by side testing in any configuration youd like, SPL/SQL/lpower handling you pick the poison

I wouldn't mind but im all the way in Miami :V SQ I go with the 9500...SPL I think the L7s will win...I'll call my local shop tomorrow that sells both of these subs and see what they say.

However im not saying that the L7s are the shit...I love the 9500s too...I just think the L7s can take a beating from personal experience. :^

Let's put 1800 watts daily on an L7 in a folded horn and see how long it lasts, OK..... :^

FYI:  I'm not running the 9500 anymore, I've moved on to better things now, but for an MTX sub, it really impressed me during the 10 months it was in my car, and hit 147 on the meter from a trunk on 1800 watts in a musical box.

Let's put 1800 watts daily on an L7 in a folded horn and see how long it lasts, OK..... :^

FYI:  I'm not running the 9500 anymore, I've moved on to better things now, but for an MTX sub, it really impressed me during the 10 months it was in my car, and hit 147 on the meter from a trunk on 1800 watts in a musical box.

Honestly if I had a L7 laying around I'd put it to the test. Just for fun to see how long it last

i cant stand the sound of L7s, so id take almost any sub that has the same output that sounds better

I think every sub sounds "good" lol :^ I'm not much of a SQ guy...I prefer a loud car (spl wise) that can still play music. :^ Thats why I had L7s and thats why I'm going with the BTLs now...If I really wanted SQ I would have gone with the XXXs.

well personally I loved the sound of my L7's....... SPL, SQ SQL, its all in the box...

I would personally Take a 06 L7 over anything MTX any day of The WEEEEEEEK,  MTX = Mitek

Mitek = SHIT

Ask the Guy on termpro that has been working with them for well over a yr tring to get his Jackhammer to do over a 145db

well personally I loved the sound of my L7's....... SPL, SQ SQL, its all in the box...

I would personally Take a 06 L7 over anything MTX any day of The WEEEEEEEK,  MTX = Mitek

Mitek = SHIT

Ask the Guy on termpro that has been working with them for well over a yr tring to get his Jackhammer to do over a 145db

Well there you go, your talking about a sub thats mechanically going to be limited.  the 9500 is nothing like any other MTX sub out there. I have personally owned both and slammed around both, and me myself, i just have yet to hear any Solo Baric system that i thought sounded great.