4bent's loud blowthrough glassed doors on pg 6

Building 4th orders is not trial and error.... There is math to it... I recommend u buy a dats and build to the specs of the subs in the sealed side

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Fill the back with bracing to take up some room.

was definatly thinking of doing that

True but a bigger chamber will have unloading issues compared to a smaller one weather it be sealed/ported/4th/6th/8th/ABC/whatever.

With 4 orders you have an advantage tho of being able to control the amount of cone movement with the size of the sealed section,

In 4ths a bigger sealed will get lower, and big ratio is more efficient

Big ratio has narrower bandwidth though, so it's a tricky compromise :)
trial and error i guess.. when can i hear your system? im up and down the valley everyweekend

Aug 3rd in Sac 2X event more then welcome get a listen.

i was talkin bout the 6th.. -_-

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

the rear ports are the wrong proportion to each other. you T off at the back and wrap around, yet your wrap isn't cut down to 1/2 the central port area like they should be.
the baffles being not seperated from the port lenghthen your port artifically nearly the entire length of the box, puting your subs virtually in the middle of the port which is bad for loading.

then your cabin port is nowhere near big enough, the backpressure caused by it will cause a back feed from what you're calling your front chamber and your back chamber.

if you want to do a SERIES tuned 6th order such as this, you need to both decouple the inner port from as much as possible, and shrink it down well below what you would normally do for a ported box to help prevent crosstalk between the chambers. then the cabin port needs to be tuned high, like 50+ hz high. and on the larger side similar to 4th orders.

i'm not saying all this to down on you in the slightest.
i'm saying all this because i've made these mistakes, toasted woofers, learned, lost money, and gained on the meter.

i was talkin bout the 6th.. -_-

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

the rear ports are the wrong proportion to each other. you T off at the back and wrap around, yet your wrap isn't cut down to 1/2 the central port area like they should be.

the baffles being not seperated from the port lenghthen your port artifically nearly the entire length of the box, puting your subs virtually in the middle of the port which is bad for loading.

then your cabin port is nowhere near big enough, the backpressure caused by it will cause a back feed from what you're calling your front chamber and your back chamber.

if you want to do a SERIES tuned 6th order such as this, you need to both decouple the inner port from as much as possible, and shrink it down well below what you would normally do for a ported box to help prevent crosstalk between the chambers. then the cabin port needs to be tuned high, like 50+ hz high. and on the larger side similar to 4th orders.

i'm not saying all this to down on you in the slightest.

i'm saying all this because i've made these mistakes, toasted woofers, learned, lost money, and gained on the meter.

right on man. i had help from a teamate whos done so many 6th orders. maybe this wasnt ideal. :/ i msure i can toast a woofer soon with this enclosure

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

True but a bigger chamber will have unloading issues compared to a smaller one weather it be sealed/ported/4th/6th/8th/ABC/whatever.

With 4 orders you have an advantage tho of being able to control the amount of cone movement with the size of the sealed section,

trial and error i guess.. when can i hear your system? im up and down the valley everyweekend

Will the window be fix? cause I want one two since you had to stop before you could really get on it.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Will the window be fix? cause I want one two since you had to stop before you could really get on it.

Window will he fixed! Just hoping 2nd amp will be here in time.

NOT gonna fly here

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

Skarbage still? Dude your box is wack really unless you tried every possiabilty with the subs.its your designer..box is 6' long! You Tuned it low.It won't get you a Loud SPL like you want.your just talking out your azz like you know what your doing.comparing numbers of different systems.

Archived