BFB Posted April 14, 2008 Author Report Posted April 14, 2008 Hadn't forgot about this, just been busy with other things so I'm finally getting around to posting an update. I got on the meter for the first time with the DC subs in Daytona a few weeks ago, did a 145 on a TL. Since then, I pulled out the 2 farad cap and replaced it with 2 Kinetik 600's. My lights don't dim at all now and I'm finally able to turn the amp up past 1/4 without it running out of juice. At a show I went to yesterday I hit a 149.5 on an AC meter. This was kind of depressing because on the same meter (same setup, less the batteries) I hit a 150.4 with Kicker CVR's in there, I'm hoping it was because I was doing demos for 2 hours before I metered and the amp and subs were both extremely hot. I also have a bunch of 1/0 wire to replace the 1ga I have from front to back now, and a H.O. alternator to put in when I get time - will do the 'big 3' at the same time.
LoudBlazer Posted April 14, 2008 Report Posted April 14, 2008 Thanks for the kickers . They make my blazer loud lol 1997 2 Door Blazer Bagged & Body Dropped SBC/TH350
teamgatesbigc Posted April 14, 2008 Report Posted April 14, 2008 nice i like it now you just need some more juice! 2 Mb Quart DSC2000.1's 2 Db Drive PLW15's D2's 4 kinetik 2000's Infinity mids and high's Mb Quart DSC480 Dc Power Alt MLA 2001 Buick regal GS
paul Posted April 14, 2008 Report Posted April 14, 2008 Nice build. Checked your vids, pretty cool. But I would like to see a vid with them dc's flex'in.
BFB Posted April 18, 2008 Author Report Posted April 18, 2008 A new month... and a new set of upgrades. It sounds really good, lots of people have been impressed with the way it's set up and I have no complaints... but like everyone else, I just want more. Soooo, I ordered a second RF T1500 last week, and Rusty is building me some LV4's that can handle the power. Should end up with about 1600+ watts going to each sub...doubling what I have now. A slight improvement? Pics and vids will be posted when UPS shows up and I change everything over, the back has to be rewired for the second amp so it'll be a bit of work since all my wires are tied up and hidden. Makes it nice to look at but a bitch to work on. EDIT: Will have some month old LV3 D4's for sale soon if anybody is interested.
BFB Posted April 29, 2008 Author Report Posted April 29, 2008 My updates for April... Gained almost a full 3db, up to 52.4 now on AC meter (legal w/music). Still have to tune the amps a little more, but this it for changes until the end of May. Added a second 1500, running one for each sub now. DC LV4 w/ LV5 coils added. Here's a LV3 vs. LV4. (the front still looks the same)
LoudBlazer Posted April 29, 2008 Report Posted April 29, 2008 Lookin good! We need vids or all those pics have been photo chopped 1997 2 Door Blazer Bagged & Body Dropped SBC/TH350
roscoe1129 Posted April 29, 2008 Report Posted April 29, 2008 Nice! gotta love them fosgate amps. Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
00sdime00 Posted April 29, 2008 Report Posted April 29, 2008 Lookin good! We need vids or all those pics have been photo chopped tha truth A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it. My Youtube vids...enjoy anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.