Second Skin Audio

Choosing the right sub

Trying to find the right sub for my setup. I want a 15, I have 18x33x what ever I need deep in the trunk of my cobalt. Big three, and all 1/0 gauge wire will be used as well as another battery if needed. I picked up a soundqubed 2200. Looking at three sub options, fi q, bl, or dc xl. I am looking for loud but with good sound. Obviously the q is oriented for sq and does get loud but I have seen threads where people say if your even pondering a bl then go with that. Then I seem the xl and now I am stuck. Box will be 4 cubic feet and ported. Thanks, and not a vs thread, just an opinion thread lol.

You won't be upset with any of the choices. Fi and DC both make quality products, just look for the sub that appeals to you the most.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

DC XL all day

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

Ok, so I bought the xl. So now I have a couple options but also a couple questions. It will be going in my cobalt. What I didn't say is it makes 600 hp lol and I don't use the back seats ever. I am thinking about putting the box in the back seat and do a rear seat delete. I would still make it 33x18x20 using .75 mdf would make like a 5.5 ft^3, my question is to figure the tuning of the box, prolly 33-34 hertz do I go off of the 5.5 or do I go off what I want to end up with which is 3.5. Because to get 33 hertz on 5.5 is like 20 inches long and on 3.5 ft^3 is like 33 inches long. Not exact obviously. I want 3.5 ft^3 after displacements. Plan is to do sub up and port up also. Was looking at the option of aero ports to and do one on each side of the sub. Any input is appreciated.

You notice the power differance when you have the misses in the car(not mistress) well that's what you'll have all the time with that extra weight

Personal not for me, if you want something quick,

But then again 630hp is factory nowdays,

Archived