Second Skin Audio

VIDEO FREE-AIR IS UP!!!!!!!! My new 8" BEAST. SA12 motor.

6th! 6th! 6th! 6th! 6th! 6th! 6th! 6th!

You have the sa8's right iirc...you know anything about 6ths and what they like.

i want to try a 6th and 4th if I can..I have a real small space to work with though and a standard aero ported box might be the best. Your fourth is nice though..might have to steal the ratio and port size lol.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You have the sa8's right iirc...you know anything about 6ths and what they like.

i want to try a 6th and 4th if I can..I have a real small space to work with though and a standard aero ported box might be the best. Your fourth is nice though..might have to steal the ratio and port size lol.

The only thing I would do differently with my box is a slightly larger port and like a 2.5:1 ratio. When I designed the port I did not take into account the massive surround of those beast. just a couple of things to consider before you steal it. Tune at 45hz.

What are the T/s parameters of the sub? that will help determine either 6th or 4th. Subs with a total Q of .5 or > are supposedly better in 4ths.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

The only thing I would do differently with my box is a slightly larger port and like a 2.5:1 ratio. When I designed the port I did not take into account the massive surround of those beast. just a couple of things to consider before you steal it. Tune at 45hz.

What are the T/s parameters of the sub? that will help determine either 6th or 4th. Subs with a total Q of .5 or > are supposedly better in 4ths.

LOL i have no damn idea on T/S...and unless someone has one of those deals form partsexpress that allows you to measure them...or another way to test it in socal I will never really know the specs. I am probably going to go with sa8v2 specs and play with stuff from that starting point...adding a little more for motor displacement.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What about mounting width of the motor? Will it even fit through the cutout?

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

What about mounting width of the motor? Will it even fit through the cutout?

Yeah the motor fits in the exact cutout without the motor-boot. If I want to mount with boot I have to make the hole slightly bigger then needed and it doesnt leave alot of room for error with mounting screws. I am leaving the boot off..naked motors look good..even smaller 2.5" coil ones like this.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I saw a vid somewhere that you can use the IM-SG to find them. It was probably one of Steve's videos.

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I saw a vid somewhere that you can use the IM-SG to find them. It was probably one of Steve's videos.

LOL the im-sg cost much more then the measurement deal they sell at partsexpress...and I dont want to spend the 100$ on that lol..

I was thinking though..I talked to Taylor Fade on here since he is doing an 8 comparison on another forum.....I am going to send it to him when he starts testing the other drivers....maybe.just maybe he has a way to test...that would be cool.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

LOL the im-sg cost much more then the measurement deal they sell at partsexpress...and I dont want to spend the 100$ on that lol..

I was thinking though..I talked to Taylor Fade on here since he is doing an 8 comparison on another forum.....I am going to send it to him when he starts testing the other drivers....maybe.just maybe he has a way to test...that would be cool.

Someone might have one at a meet or something haha yeah they are quite pricey. I could only see using one in a SQ build really.

Archived