KMS Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 The car is a 2003 Jetta wagon, bought a set of JBL MS-62c components, and some older Infinity Kappa Coax's for the rear fill. Had them installed at a local shop since I didn't want to go through the hassle of wiring everything in this vehicle. I didn't know about the front speakers until afterwards. One my previous 97 Golf, you just popped off the speaker grill and you were able to install the speaker on the door card, then put the grill back over. With the newer Jetta, you have to completely take off the door card. The speaker is screwed into the metal of the door where the speaker goes, but when the door card is on, there is about 4 to 5 inches of space (Guesstimate, I seen the sun shine through the speaker grill and was able to see the speaker and door card which looked like quite a bit of space) Even though to me, it sounds great, and no problem with the bass response, it is nice. Is it even worth the time to put in spacers? Will I even notice a difference of sound imaging so to speak? If so then which kind of spacer should I get? I don't know if the rear door need spacers. I've seen some MDF spacers and thin plastic spacers. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Kyblack76 Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 HUNTER is you boy.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 Ya need some help there.. we have one of the best here... go here, and see what he can do for ya man.... dude is a stellar cat.. good luck man.. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167766-smd-authorized-flushmountcustom-rings-price-thread/ SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Skullz Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 Without a doubt, get some mdf rings made to keep the speaker from touching any metal causing a possible buzz or rattle from it, and deaden the whole area and you will have a sweet sounding speaker. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Rolow Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 I used this place for my Honda. They also make some for VW. http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK023
KMS Posted July 4, 2013 Author Report Posted July 4, 2013 I used this place for my Honda. They also make some for VW. http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK023 I think my speaker will be to big to fit. I need at least 5" 13/16 to fit the speaker. Those are 5" 1/2. I'm not too sure though. http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/MS-62C/MS-62C_JBL_US Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Rolow Posted July 4, 2013 Report Posted July 4, 2013 I used this place for my Honda. They also make some for VW. http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK023 I think my speaker will be to big to fit. I need at least 5" 13/16 to fit the speaker. Those are 5" 1/2. I'm not too sure though. http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/MS-62C/MS-62C_JBL_US They are very easy to trim with an xacto or box cutter. I've had two sets of the 6.5 (5.5 cut out) and both needed to be trimmed. I tried 3 different speakers in them MB Quart no triming Dynaudio needed trimming Sundown Audio needed triming
KMS Posted July 4, 2013 Author Report Posted July 4, 2013 http://psicaraudio.com/products-page/platform-1-subwoofers/18%E2%80%B3-platform-1-subwoofer/ Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
KMS Posted July 4, 2013 Author Report Posted July 4, 2013 Wrong thread. lol fail ^ Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.