Circuit City/best Buy Install Talk

I just got done working as an installer at Best Buy....

One thing is, they are starting to REQUIRE every technician to be MECP certified. This will help cut down on damage claims like the transmission thing. Also, at best buy (unlike circuit city) there are strict records kept on every vehicle and if such a thing would happen, it would be paid for without question from best buy.

Now what horrified me about working there.... EVERY SINGLE PERSON WORKING back there didn't even have a system in their car or even care about car audio outside of work. They all got boners over installing remote starts and stuff, but when it came to setting gains on a sub amp they just moved around the knobs to a cool looking pattern and called it a day. My current roomate is the lead installer at best buy and he doens't even know what kicker or fi audio is. A few months ago one of them forgot to wire the second set of voice coiils on a sub becasue they thought it was unnecessary...

So my advice is: some of the best installers out there work at best buy and circuit city, but it depends greatly on location... If you are getting a remote start or something done, I would trust them in a second (they have the best tech support anywhere if they need help).... BUT IF you want a stereo done, walk the other way and dont' turn back!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Oh yeah, and even though i was a little bitch salesman/installer, I came up with the new plano (layout) for the February 2008 reset. Basically, right now they have like a p3 on display in a tiny sealed box and it sounds like shit, so i came up with new sub/box combinations that will actually sound good, and they are gonna use it store wide.

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Oh yeah, and even though i was a little bitch salesman/installer, I came up with the new plano (layout) for the February 2008 reset. Basically, right now they have like a p3 on display in a tiny sealed box and it sounds like shit, so i came up with new sub/box combinations that will actually sound good, and they are gonna use it store wide.

yea about that: BEST BUY WHO?

i'm not die hard enough for the company to care about anything other than a pay check. i just know what goes on around here.

Don't bundle all circuit cities together... i was a circuit city installer before I went to the shop I'm at now... my location had the whole time I worked there(close to four years) three SILS... which is when something gets broken. One installer was in truckin magazine a couple times, another did dbdrag, and there was me.

Circuit City WILL fix this for free if he goes to a dealership and they say that the problem is circuit city drilled into his tranny. he should have gotten a work order with the install. Tell him to call the circuit city cool line if he can't get anywhere with the people in the store.

As long as he has a receipt and a work order he is set.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Don't bundle all circuit cities together... i was a circuit city installer before I went to the shop I'm at now... my location had the whole time I worked there(close to four years) three SILS... which is when something gets broken. One installer was in truckin magazine a couple times, another did dbdrag, and there was me.

Circuit City WILL fix this for free if he goes to a dealership and they say that the problem is circuit city drilled into his tranny. he should have gotten a work order with the install. Tell him to call the circuit city cool line if he can't get anywhere with the people in the store.

As long as he has a receipt and a work order he is set.

"Don't bundle all circuit cities together.."

if you paid attention and read the thread, you would know we aren't bunching all stores as one, only the one local to us.

and he already got it fixed and it wasn't from circuit city.

i'll have the receipt next week on what they charged him for.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

i still dont believe it. why would someone be down there with a pair of dykes cutting something? ill still call bs on this.

dunno, but ill have a receipt of his purchases on tuesday =)

we'll see how much they charged him lol.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

There was a best buy close to my home that burnt down two cars, one of which was a 2003 h2, was on the local news and everything lol. I know that these places have there place, someone has to sell these kind of installs to the general public, but i would never go to one of these "shops".

Archived