Second Skin Audio

help my find an 18 in sub

See there you go getting defensive again. Why? I'm having a conversation. I just want to get down to knowledge on it. Here, let me go back through the whole thread to see what it was you said. I'll be right back.

BTW, NO I won't go buy the subs just to see if you're wrong or not. I have perfectly good subs. And believe me if I was talking shit, you'd know. I'm asking serious questions, trying to get down to serious business here. I wanna know. If you can't logically answer the question then just say so. Otherwise, you're getting mad over people reacting to your own words.

I'll be right back, after I find what you said. THanks. Sorry you're so upset. Maybe you shouldn't take this hobby so personally.

Is it to hard to understand the cone I believe is to much for a 2.5inch coil? Why is that so hard to understand?? Why turn this thread in to an arguement? Out if all the people who's posted am I the only one with real experience with the sub? If so where is your experience to discredit what I believe to be the issue?

You are upset and where you're going wrong and taking it personally is it is a hobby unless you're working in the industry, and by not being able to tell me why the coil isn't big enough to push a sub that's been selling for a while, then I'd guess you don't work in the industry. But that aside, cause I don't want you to think I'm "talking shit" here, can you tell me if this is a known problem with this sub? You have links, forums, posts, technical data to back up what you're saying?

I apologize by the way, I saw you saying sub, "go buy a sub....." (probably not exact quote) etc and I think I just implied you only had one. Then confused by the picture on the website of two in your truck.

So to that, did both subs fail or only one sub? If only one sub failed, did you test the second sub until it failed?

I'm not sure how eles to explain it to you guys. Nether sub failed . I think the coils to small for the size and weight of the cone. That's it!!!!!!!! Take it for what it's worth or shit up. If you can prove me wrong please do. Untill then picking what I'm saying apart makes no real sence.

So now I'm really confused. You're saying the subs never failed then? Just that they got stinky? And then you came to the conclusion it was the small coil? Please tell me if I'm off base here cause that's what I'm getting out of this. And getting defensive and telling us to shut up, doesn't do you any good in defense of your stance. Course it doesn't really help me out either cause you seem to be going round and round with your information, cause that keeps changing. And I read pretty well.

So lame mans terms please can you lay it out for me? Or was it an opinion that you stated that you were very factual over and shouldn't have been?

They are building some with 3 inch coils . I will buy them too cause I like obsidian subs there build good an take a beating. I honestly feel that the coil is not big enough for the 18s if I thought it was me I would admit that. I've had plenty of experience running there subs and ton others . So I'm basing my opinion on what I think . I'm no dumbass when it comes to audio. I'm not the best but its plain as day the issue with that sub too me. I would like if I could be proved to be wrong. If those subs can do good long term I think things would have to be perfect. And honestly there would be 0 margin of error to do so. And most doing a budget build with then have little to no expriance . That is a bad combo to me

I would not run an 18" sub with a 2.5" coil personally. My issue wouldn't be as much with the coil as it would be with motor strength and suspension. Just too much potential for loss of cone control and it to get sloppy.

Archived