Second Skin Audio

help my find an 18 in sub

Understood cody, but that's not saying the coil can't hold up to an 18" cone right? I mean, even though you wouldn't for that reason, it doesn't me that the coil can't hold that cone correct?

I've been reading reviews all over online and none of them are saying anything about the coil not being able to hold up to the cone. I'm seeing alot of them needing to be in pretty precise sized enclosures, but otherwise I'm seeing they can handle double the power rating if the enclosure is right, signal is right, and power is clean.

That seems like alot of scenarios to align to me but I'm seeing a lot of happy folks with this sub for the price.

Just nothing about the coil being able to hold up to the weight of the cone. I'd provide links but I'd have to link all of google to do it. So I'd say just google Obsidian Audio 18" v2 Reviews and you'll see what everyone is saying.

It's amazing how hard some try to make others look bad or wrong what ever the case. All I'm saying is what my thoughts Are on this sub and my experience with them and it turns in too this shit. If you didn't know shit about this sub what are you even posting about it for? You have to google it to try an find something lol. I'm sure there is people who run them an like them but who knows what types of music there putting on them or how much bass.maybe if the spiders was looser they would do better. I don't know realy you would need to just build it and see. But you got a massive cone stiff as hell spiders and a small ass coil. It's asking to much out of that coil versus cone size and spider stiffness . It would be great on a 3 inch coil. These is my thoughts on it. As I see it lol

This thread is still going on? Dear lord. Big dee your logic is absolutely retarded, I'm sorry. You can have a 4 inch coil be half an inch tall, and then have a 2.5 inch coil be 2 inches tall. Lets assume they have the same amount of coil just for the sake of argument. The 4 inch coil would be just as "weak" as you seem to call it.

This theory is just as retarded as the "giving a sub too little power will blow it" theory.

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

So how on gods green earth y'all felt the need to try an discredit my opinion I have no clue. I don't see how anything y'all are saying hold water compared to real experience with that sub?

its not that we are trying to discredit what you say, its just that you havent said anything to add credit to it. you have been doing audio for 20 years? cool, you should have no problem providing a technical explanation of the problems associated with running a 2.5" coil in it.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I'm posting because you sounded like you did know alot about it. So I figured if you knew so much and felt so confident about it, you might teach me a few things about how you came to your conclusions. But you don't. You can't tell me shit other than your opinion. SO your facts are invalid as are your posts here where you think people are talking shit. You've been exposed now you're mad. Happens, not to all of us, but it happens. You yourself said in the beginning you weren't a professional but you took the stance that we should believe to be god sent. But your only response is "go buy the sub". That answer is invalid. Just like you want to call out Hugh for not showing his pictures, I'm calling you out for not giving a valid answer to a reasonable question. You can shape it, color it, put glitter on it, and call it what you want, but at the end of the day you've dodged, ducked, and never answered the question at hand.

Do I know about subs, no no I don't. But I'd love to learn more. However common sense tells me that if you're going to sell a sub that has a 2.5" coil on it, it better support the cone, or you're not going to sell it. Also tells me that if I google search reviews and they have the problems you say they do, then it should be plastered on the internet, and most of all around here, that it's true. Otherwise it's an isolated case, probably (most likely) user error, and at the end of the day has nothing to do with your insufficient ability theory.

Common sense also tells me that if you put 400 watts to a sub, and put 2200 watts to the same sub, you're not going to clip at 400 watts as earlier said.

Again, please by all means, I'm happy to hear logical explanation of any of this stuff. But as you said earlier to Hugh, if you're not able to provide proof, you're full of shit!

So to recap, here's what I'm looking for:

1 - Valid logical explanation to your theory that a 2.5" coil won't support the 18" cone

2 - Explanation behind your 400 watt clipping and 2200 watt non clipping theory

and / or

3 - A valid apology to everyone here for being full of shit and uselessly blowing up this thread because of a vendetta against another member.

Carry on! I'll wait...............:popcorn:

I also find it interesting you think that using Google to try and find something out is a funny thing, like I'm dumb and can't figure it out any other way. What, did you think I was just going to take your word for it and not find it myself?!? Yeah right! I chose to, after you asked everyone to prove you wrong, look up the reviews on them myself and found nothing to what you were stating, thus proving you wrong. Now you're upset about it and now you're going to let the insults fly. Whatever makes you feel better but at the end of the day, you're still invalid.

Ok I'm heading back out to work on my workshop, something a little more constructive than listening to this, however entertaining it has been! LMAO!!

Hugh I'm sorry for the low blow comment I made regarding your wife. That was out of line . But the rest I stand behind

i can accept that. but im more pissed about you calling me a fucking racist.
from what I've seen I'm wondering that for sure

Archived