Second Skin Audio

help my find an 18 in sub

I am done trying to explain how a 18inch sub with a small coil and massive cone is not a good combo .

you keep goinjg on about them overheating. you say you are not an expert on subs by no means, and you make this quite obvious without even saying it. overheating of a sub can happen with any sub regardless of coil size. just with an enclosure alone, there are many many things that can be done incorrectly which can contribute to an overheating issue.

do you even know if the sub itself was the issue? with motor force out of the issue, the biggest difference with a small coil vs a large coil is related to the diameter wire used for the coil. a larger diameter will require more space to get enough windings to equal the same impedance. the larger diameter coil also allows a little more strength in the voice coil former. past that, the main thing is the amount of contact area between the former and spiders, and the size of the neck joint.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I am done trying to explain how a 18inch sub with a small coil and massive cone is not a good combo .

you keep goinjg on about them overheating. you say you are not an expert on subs by no means, and you make this quite obvious without even saying it. overheating of a sub can happen with any sub regardless of coil size. just with an enclosure alone, there are many many things that can be done incorrectly which can contribute to an overheating issue.

do you even know if the sub itself was the issue? with motor force out of the issue, the biggest difference with a small coil vs a large coil is related to the diameter wire used for the coil. a larger diameter will require more space to get enough windings to equal the same impedance. the larger diameter coil also allows a little more strength in the voice coil former. past that, the main thing is the amount of contact area between the former and spiders, and the size of the neck joint.

untill you go buy one an run it daily your self everything your saying sounds good but realy until you run it you won't realy know. And of corse your gonna say you did a build with one for a buddy lol. How bout pics? Prove that cause I think your simply trying to call people out and have no real experience with the sub

And of corse your gonna say you did a build with one for a buddy lol.

you quite obviously have no idea of the quantity of builds i do for people. usually we do 2 or 3 each and every weekend. if i didnt have to leave for work in a few minutes i would attempt to dig through my hard drive and find pictures. but there are a few thousand pics i would have to sort through.

Owner of BigAss Ports

untill you go buy one an run it daily your self everything your saying sounds good but realy until you run it you won't realy know.

you are the one who said the coil is too small. im asking why you say that, and your just trying to say i dont know what im talking about. my stance is not the one that warrants defending here. ive never said that it was a good sub, ive never said it was a bad sub.

ive just asked for an informed response explaining why the coil of the woofer itself is the flaw. so, are you capable of explaining why the coil of the woofer is the flaw, in an intelligent manner, and not other factors such as an improper enclosure or a power problem?

Owner of BigAss Ports

If he buys em a runs bellow rated power there probly going to be clipped an over heat faster than they would on say 1,000rns . Too much mass not enough coil! Probly why no one eles produces an 18 with 2.5 coil. This is my thoughts on this sub . You can take it or leave it. And also hugh have you done a system with these?

so when you underpower you clip? So what happens when you turn the volume down? You clip then too? I bet on 400w set correctly it will last for fucking ever...also I want to see the 12s on 1800wrms each last you daily..must have a real inneficient box. What a damn joke. You derail the thread with illinformed opinion on shit not even applicable to the ops post.

OP what about home audio stuff? Check out parts express look at some 18s.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'm done . No pics means your bullshitting an starting shit. And that racist shot you posted in the off topic section should have got your ass banned . Your nothing more than an idiot who likes to push buttons.

I'm done . No pics means your bullshitting an starting shit. And that racist shot you posted in the off topic section should have got your ass banned . Your nothing more than an idiot who likes to push buttons.

your mascara is running.

Owner of BigAss Ports

your mascara is running.
perfect example of your ignorance

Archived