DC Sound Lab

It posted twice because I'm on a phone .. but ithe volume. wasn't high. The lights were barely dimming. I doubt it dropped below 11.5

dude you dropped well below 11.5 with a 4.5 k on stock elect. I'm running a T2500 bdcp , T600.4 , T400.4 and P500.4,had a 220 amp Stinger alt with 2 runs each +/-,big 3 all with 1/0 wire with an XS Power D3400 and D1200 and was dropping to 12.2. Had to put stock alt back in for about week and a half and wouldn't even turn my system on bcus it was dropping to 11 and below.. Got a 300 amp Excessive Amperage alt, problem solved,don't drop below 13.6 now but still going to either add another battery or upgrade the D1200 to keep it over 14. Good luck with that setup, you really need to turn that gain down bcus that sub can't handle that power as CJ said.

ok aside from the obvious that i did everything wrong.. woofer still plays my concern is do i need a recone ? im not gonna play music on it untill i get evrything right .. i have an oscope on the way someone replied in the other post saying that the coil might have been bubbling? anyone is familiar with that ?

Pull sub and check the coils. If one or both reads funky, then you need a recone. If you are going to stick with the saz4500, I would get either a D1 or d.7 recone and wire up to 1.4 or 2 ohms along with setting the amp gains properly and getting the electrical to support the amp.

I would be more than happy to help get you the right equipment that you need, batteries, wiring, etc.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

It posted twice because I'm on a phone .. but ithe volume. wasn't high. The lights were barely dimming. I doubt it dropped below 11.5

Doubting and knowing are two different things..

Running a 4500 on stock electrical is like trying to masturbate with sand paper.

It's pointless.. and it would suck to ruin such a nice amp and subwoofers.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

ok aside from the obvious that i did everything wrong.. woofer still plays my concern is do i need a recone ? im not gonna play music on it untill i get evrything right .. i have an oscope on the way someone replied in the other post saying that the coil might have been bubbling? anyone is familiar with that ?

the bubbling i stated in the other, i saw first hand, and Rusty explained it to me (the owner of DC). The massive heat build up can cause gasses while the resin/glue starts to melt and evaporate on the windings, with the flatwound coils, there is no where for this gas to go, so it takes the path of least resistance, the aluminum former, which it will bubble out and create a ridge all the way down to the bottom of the former where it can escape. this ridge can touch the pole and cause a rattling sound.

your problem might be this, it might not, but a recone is probably the only thing to fix your said "rattle".

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

the bubbling i stated in the other, i saw first hand, and Rusty explained it to me (the owner of DC). The massive heat build up can cause gasses while the resin/glue starts to melt and evaporate on the windings, with the flatwound coils, there is no where for this gas to go, so it takes the path of least resistance, the aluminum former, which it will bubble out and create a ridge all the way down to the bottom of the former where it can escape. this ridge can touch the pole and cause a rattling sound.

your problem might be this, it might not, but a recone is probably the only thing to fix your said "rattle".

man if i have to recone 1 i might as well just recone both to upgrade them ( i have 2 woofers i had only 1 playing)

Edited by heightzbest562

man if i have to recone 1 i might as well just recone both to upgrade them ( i have 2 woofers i had only 1 playing)

if you cut the dustcap off without hurting the cone, looking down to the pole and coil will be your best bet.

if you have the issue i stated above, you will see something like this....

ha53.jpg

which kind of dustcap do you have?

Edited by ChevyBoy95
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Ill gladly take the 4500 off your hands before you blow the damn thing.. hate to see good equipment go to waste so please upgrade electrical or scale down your amp

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before