Sonic Electronix

Testing method. Same place everytime. Empty road, no buildings or anything close. Park same spot, walk to the next light pole. Same place and distance. What physics are there to deny? Lol. 2 sa12s 750 a pc and 1 15 on 1500 watts. Both tuned at 33. Sk1500.

Im curious to know what type of roll the sensitivity and xmax take in flex vs loudness. Ive seen 3 12s in a pickup get stupid loud and be heard for quite ways away, and then ive seen a sa15 flex the shit out of a pickup and it is hard to hear on the outside. I personally like flex, but would like to know what makes a sub just be loud like kickers, or something thatll flex shit like an fi.

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

You have to admit, the way the question was presented, and follow up posts were poorly worded and sound like another one of those "i want to annoy people with my bass" threads.

Now that we know what the real question is, I am tuned in for an answer.

But that guy isnt even the OP! lol

I've been trying to stay out of here but I cant take it any more.

I still dont understand what the point of this thread is. Loudness and flexing are directly related. At any given frequency with a given setup if you turn it up so it is louder it is also going to flex more things.

More loud = more air movement = more flex

You probably just equate a higher frequency to loud and a lower frequency to flexing. If that is the case, then even though both boxes were tuned to 33hz (so you think), one probably played higher notes better than the other because...........

wait for it.......

its all in the box and install! haha as has already been said.

If anyone had bothered to answer purplesyrup's questions about the setup in question then maybe we could point you in the right direction as to why one setup was excelling at higher frequencies than the other.

Team NorthWestSPL

Im telling you its higher bass, yea low bass carries further, but on the street full of traffic, a high 50hz bass tone beating will stand out more than some one hitting 30 hz tones, regardless if the 30hz tones being played is 10db louder, the car beating 50 hz drums is going to be easier to pinpoint where it is coming from, not to mention the trunk rattle/ vibration from the high note also adding to the sound,

Imagine 150 DB on vocals coming from a vehicle, that would be so loud and be heard for a very long distance, you would also know exactly where its coming from,

or a jet engine, its high pitched whine, you can hear that for miles, and they say thats 150ish db, given it is up in the air, so im sure the sound is projected further,

Just from my experience and 2 cents,

My opinion, he does not care to hit lows and gag people sitting in the car, he just wants that loud high pitched bass blaring

we can sit in a car doing 150 at 30ish hz just fine and enjoy it, imagine how your ears would be picking up some mids or treble at 150db it would be ear piercing loud and you would not be able to sit in there. Just a thought

These are my thoughts on what this guy is thinking,

and in heavy traffic where there are lots of engines going, which produce a low hz, it MAY be easier for all the ambient noise to drown out / cancel low hz bass over

really high bass tones.

see what i mean?

And also, we have not figured out what he's hitting, if he has real legit power, he might have been hitting 135db with that kicker at a high hz, and now that he's tuned low not even breaking a 130 due to the install,

just some more randomness brainstorming to add to the thread,

XS-power1.jpg

mrdr, i know hipo isn't the op.

Anyway, It doesnt matter because it's all hearsay and conjecture.

Someone want to claim one sub can be heard a long ways a way, and another in the same car only shakes the car need to back that claim up with proof.

It's just like someone claiming they hit a 155, we want proof.

I also agree with purple about higher freq's. several guys at work have subs, all in prefabs, all low end stuff. You can hear them coming from down the road. But nobody can shake the concrete like my setup can. When you stand 20 30 ft away from my car and you feel it through your shoes and my car absolutely goes ape-shit with rattle and metal noise but you can't really hear it any further away than those other guys, what does that say?

Explain that phenomenon. I don;t get it, unless it is like purple says.

Archived