Car Alarm going off because of Windows open + Wind?

I've just found out that my car alarm has been going off like crazy whenever I leave the two front windows slightly open (1 1/2 inches). My suspicion is that the wind is triggering the two ultrasonic sensor in the front. When you guys install your car alarms, is there anything you do to avoid this or do you just leave your windows rolled up?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Is it a DEI? Depending on what sensor actually triggers the alarm, you press the lock button a different amount of times to turn off the sensor. Your lights will blink.

Check ur manual.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I've just found out that my car alarm has been going off like crazy whenever I leave the two front windows slightly open (1 1/2 inches). My suspicion is that the wind is triggering the two ultrasonic sensor in the front. When you guys install your car alarms, is there anything you do to avoid this or do you just leave your windows rolled up?

See, as you depicted in your post it seems like its a DEI,,,

And I think that's the main reason that the sensor actually triggering the alarm, or else I don't think there is any kind of problem,,

Why don't you try to call the dealer I think he would perfectly guide about this!!

See, as you depicted in your post it seems like its a DEI,,,

And I think that's the main reason that the sensor actually triggering the alarm, or else I don't think there is any kind of problem,,

Why don't you try to call the dealer I think he would perfectly guide about this!!

i see you put your full address as your location.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I think your sensitivity is up too high. Mine is about 3/4 for it and i have the sensors mounted up in the top of my a pillar facing the rear and it can only go as far back as the c pillar. after that it doesnt pick up any motions but I don't worry about that since there is no way someone can move in the back where the sub and batts are. The glass shatter sensor on mine pick up all the windows. Mine is not sensitive to wind, even if I were to exhale loudly in the truck it won't set it off but if I wave my finger it will set it off. I think its only small differences in air pressure that set it off. If your windows are open then the sensor is useless unless you are right up to one of them tapping on them like a mic because they work off cabin pressure and it must be sealed up completely for them to work properly.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived