Sonic Electronix

Ok so i have two 12'' RF Power HX2s and one of them is making a strange rattle noise. i checked it over time and time again and cant figure out what is wrong with it. I tested the voice coils and they are reading the correct ohms. It doesnt smell like i blown sub (ive had many) It isnt crunchy and everything seems to be fine. Now i knew the sealed box was to small when i put them in there but i only have them hooked to a RF power bd1000a1 at 2ohms so that is only half of what the two subs are rated to take so i figured the lack of power would make up for the size of the box. Anyways i pounded the hell out of them for about four months like that and everything was fine and it sounded awesome but my head unit took a crap and now the one sub sounds like shit. I dont know what the hell is making the rattle sound on the sub. Does anybody know if there is something i can do to fix my wonderful old ass subwoofer??????

I can't remember off the top, but aren't those subs 1000 rms/2000 max? So you were giving them rated power in too small of a box?

Anyways, sounds like it may need a re cone, or a screw may have cane lose on the motor in which case you would need to re cone as well. Just my thoughts though

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

If they are true power hx2's... those are my second fav RF driver..

Have you pulled it out of your enclosure, and put some power to it, and put a eyeball on it??

Noise came with a HU swap? maybe check the connections eh?

god i love those drivers...

its maybe the box and what sinner said is it a true rf hx2 ? i have a hx2 punch 15 and never blew it out off all the beating ive done to it until i put it in a bandpass box that i have ... it might be the box that you have it in .... love the sub too im still deciding if i wanna recone it although i already replaced it

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

its maybe the box and what sinner said is it a true rf hx2 ? i have a hx2 punch 15 and never blew it out off all the beating ive done to it until i put it in a bandpass box that i have ... it might be the box that you have it in .... love the sub too im still deciding if i wanna recone it although i already replaced it

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

Ok so i have two 12'' RF Power HX2s and one of them is making a strange rattle noise. i checked it over time and time again and cant figure out what is wrong with it. I tested the voice coils and they are reading the correct ohms. It doesnt smell like i blown sub (ive had many) It isnt crunchy and everything seems to be fine. Now i knew the sealed box was to small when i put them in there but i only have them hooked to a RF power bd1000a1 at 2ohms so that is only half of what the two subs are rated to take so i figured the lack of power would make up for the size of the box. Anyways i pounded the hell out of them for about four months like that and everything was fine and it sounded awesome but my head unit took a crap and now the one sub sounds like shit. I dont know what the hell is making the rattle sound on the sub. Does anybody know if there is something i can do to fix my wonderful old ass subwoofer??????

There is a place near me that just bought a ton of RF cones and surrounds, I believe they have a recone kit for your sub in stock.

http://www.springfieldspeakerrepair.com/

I need to go pick up a motor from there, i can ask them tomorrow

XS-power1.jpg

Pretty sure your box popped a side on it causing the noise, take the sub out and start pushing on the sides from the inside out and find the one that isn't glued and pour some glue in it while pushing it out to let it seep inside.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived