Afficionado's Grand Am trunk build

i have many more pics to post as the build has had a lot more done to it.

I competed in my first SPL comp and took first place!

I didn't think i would do any good since i have no sound deadening whatsoever, and my car peaks at 55 hz while my box is tuned to 34 hz.

Though when you combine a ton of Rockford power on a Sundown sub, good things will surely come.

100_2837_zps56ddae4b.jpg

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

what decibles did you hit?

1 dc level 5 15

t2500-1bd

Rockford 10 farad hybrid capacitor

4 rockford pro punch mids

2 pro punch super tweeters

Both on pro punch rockford crossovers

T400-4 (speaker amp)

30ft sky high 1/0

20 ft rockford 1/0

xs d3400

xs d1200

stock batt under hood

200 sqft fat mat

kenwood kvt-516 flip-out

and 70ft Sky high 14gauge speaker wire

nice!!! what sub you got???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

what decibles did you hit?

i did a 141.6...that is with no sound deadening and a box sooo far off from the resonant frequency of my car. Also at 4 ohms, i didn't even wire it down.

nice!!! what sub you got???

Sundown Z V.3 12"

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

What size alt? And how much was it. Bc 3k on my stock alt really sucks:(

240 amp mechman alt. was $400 iirc.

Did you get the new alt on? If so congrats its a p.i.a to do any work on those cars at all. I had to change the cam sensor on the one i had and it turned into a all day job

what?! This has been the EASIEST car i've ever worked on. I tell everyone how easy this car is and i love it. Putting the alt wasn't too bad. unhooked some antifreeze lines and moved the dipstick and it went right in. putting the belt on wasn't too bad either..

Nice I'm tuned!

ill get pics up soon. been busy!

• 2 weeks later...

Went and built my first box for my second competition. tuned to 51 hz, strictly a burp box for the comp. dropped the t2500 down to 1 ohm and hit a 144.4. I know it's not crazy numbers, but i'm proud. really needa make some time and get more pics up here...

Archived