95 Civic. 2-15" Skar Ivx's on an SK 800.1. 1st Build

Where did you ground the rear battery?

Batt is grounded on the trunk floor on one of the bolts at go into the frame.

Paints clean, car looks good, minus hood. Looks like a normal person, then had surgery and enlarged there nostrils. Not a fan but hey, your car, your choice. You should wall it off, and join the rest who wall our honda's. LOL.

Lol. Thank you. I know it's not the prettiest creation. It's better than the stock hood that was on it that had an encounter with a deer at a high rate of fuel consumption! I would have walled it if I didn't have to cart kiddos around from time to time. Never know.....if I stumble across a pot of gold maybe I can get some better subs and wall it.

You haven't color sanded and buffed the paint yet have you?

No. I was told by the salesman who supplies the paint for my company that due to the fact that its a single stage paint if I buffed it I stood a good chance of buffing the clear coat off and ruining the paint. It's not a million dollar paint job. In the end I just wanted to get rid of the rust and make it all match. Poor people do what they can. Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.

Not trying to bump here but I know there are a couple ppl following this so I figured I throw something up so that you know im not dead! Lol. TBH.....I have not been able to do anything to this effin car. Between watching the kids when the ol lady is workin, to getting ready for the wedding in 2 weeks, to just plain laziness....I havent gotten anything done. I did get my first ticket in 8 years last Friday. Past a State Trooper on the interstate at 77...He let me go on the speeding but wrote me for my inspection sticker. It only ran out in March....Ooops.

Anyways, I am SERIOUSLY hoping to get a few hours in on it this weekend. My main focus is getting the trunk sealed off. After doing some Twisted Tea driven, very scientific testing, I realized just how much I was losing to the trunk....A LOT! So I think Im going to try and take my amp out of the spare tire well, slide the box back about 6" and build a new amp rack in front of the box. This will make it look nicer I think (You will be able to see the amp) and the rack will also serve as part of my seal to the trunk. Then to trim a little more metal around where the trunk lid was, carpet my new lid, fab up some side pcs, mount, seal, seal, seal.

I was kinda dissapointed with the loudness of the whole deal. Thought maybe it was just the subs....(Way to high of expectations has a lot to do with it) But after realizing how much is lost back out through the trunk I guess I need to get that done before I get anymore discouraged. Anyways....Thats that. I hope to have some more pics soon. I wanna get this shit done! Im so sick of looking at the mess in the back.

Have a good weekend all!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

car looks good are you going too wetsand and buff the paint later or just leave as is,set of wheels and drop it accordingly will look awesome? Good looking setup so far, love that ur not scared too cut up rear deck too install system thumbs up

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

car looks good are you going too wetsand and buff the paint later or just leave as is,set of wheels and drop it accordingly will look awesome? Good looking setup so far, love that ur not scared too cut up rear deck too install system thumbs up

Thanks a lot man!

Paint- No wet sanding....Single stage paint..:( I might buff it...The guy who does our paint at the shop said I had to be careful if I did cause the clear is so thin. Cheap paint job...://

Wheels/Drop - Hahahaha. I wish! Lol. Cant really drop it, its my DD and in Maine a lowered Civic doesnt plow thru snow all that well! Lol. Plus...I dont have the effin money to buy the stuff. I did happen to pick up some old beat up acura rims that im gonna mount my winter deeps on and plasti dip them.

Rear Deck - IMO....just about the same as a blow thru! Lol. Unless I get clever with my 110v welder, she aint eva goin back together!

Nice work. Killer effort.

Anyone that dosent under stand life gets in the way.... Doesn't have one.

Not much advise. But, keep swinging.

Thanks man! It really amazes me the work some of you guys do! Kuddos! Really inspiring! Thanks for noticing the work and effort involved and man o man, life is in my way! Lol. I leave my house at 5am for work and dont get home till 6pm. Then, if mumma IS home I usually end up cooking supper or watching the kids so she can. Tubbies (Lol) and bedtime and shit its 8:30-9pm....Makes for a long day. Thanks again for the comments!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

We understand man, life gets in the way...A LOT lol.

Don't be disappointed about not being as loud as you think you should be. Getting loud from the trunk takes a lot of trial and error, unless you've read and researched all the loud (150db+) trunk cars and realized that you've gotta be dedicated and go big from the get-go, i.e.: stripping out the entire trunk, sealing off all the holes with expanding foam, deadener, fiberglass, wood, whatever it takes. It's a somewhat lengthy process, but the results are worth it once you can be happy with it.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

We understand man, life gets in the way...A LOT lol.

Don't be disappointed about not being as loud as you think you should be. Getting loud from the trunk takes a lot of trial and error, unless you've read and researched all the loud (150db+) trunk cars and realized that you've gotta be dedicated and go big from the get-go, i.e.: stripping out the entire trunk, sealing off all the holes with expanding foam, deadener, fiberglass, wood, whatever it takes. It's a somewhat lengthy process, but the results are worth it once you can be happy with it.

I know what your sayin...I think I have learned a lot since I've done this part of the install. I should have done some better planning as far as sealing off the trunk before I stuffed the box in. As it is now I'm in the process of pulling the box and amp and I'm going to make a floor for the trunk and set the box on that instead of trying to piece together shit around the bottom to seal the spare tire well. Then it will be onto fig out how to seal the sides.

I did already throw some great stuff in the trunk between the fender and the inner skins and in the spaces in the trunk lid. I'm going to add more. And I know I'll catch a lot of shit for this, and I know....really I do know how much it will help buttttt..... I don't have any deadener on anything yet. :-(((. Just don't have the money. Kinda blew my wad on equipment. But from what I've seen, if your sealing the trunk you don't neeeeeed to deaden the trunk right??? I know I need it but I'm not going to be able to get any right now. The next purchase I have planned is a set of RF components (they are on sonic...punch....I think they are like $105) and some deadener. Think I might go with sound qubed. Seem fairly priced for 40 sqft. Anyways, I gotta feed the baby lol. I'm gonna try and get some pics up tonight of what if anything I get done. Thanks for the comment.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Sooooo....anyone up for a few updates??!!?? Had a fairly productive weekend. More than normal I guess! Kinda came up with a game plan for sealing the trunk. Still need a few ideas and im hopin that you guys can give them to me! (You will see more in the pics.) Decided to pull the amp out and gonna relocate it in front of the box. Gonna have to slide the box all the way back in the trunk. Got the new rear deck lid fitted and wrapped in carpet. Didnt come out too bad for my first time. Also after mulling over how I was going to seal off the floor (I.E the spare tire well) Kinda came up with what I hope is a good idea. I wanted to use a pc of MDF but I dont have the room for the box to go up anymore. I then remembered the shitty pc of particle board/wood/shit, whatever its made of, its the stock floor to the trunk. It covered the spare tire well and had carpet over it. So I dug it out, o a corner was broke, its a lil warped, but im gonna try it. I got some glass and mat and went to work. Needs some more layers but I guess I only had one pc of mat left so its only got one layer right now. Im going to make some stiffeners to go on the bottom and the amps will be mounted on it in front of the box.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Ummmm am I only allowed to post so many pics?? I just tried to post a bunch and it said im trying to post more than im allowed to!?!?!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived