Sonic Electronix

all right so i have 2 pioneer ts-w310s4's im getting 2 more so i want to build a box that can house all 4 of them, i have an L port box right now should be tuned around 32hz give or take bad measurements and a short time frame, and it slams hard, sony 1400w amp (getting a 2nd 1 for 2 subs) around 300 rms (each sub) i think? but i will be building this box to fit in the trunk of my car! i don't know what way to face the subs? should i go with a steve design in the Tahoe but with an L port? i havn;t had any experience with actual ports, i just want to shock people with the bass i want to feel it! im already the best system at my school i just want to go above and beyond and for my pleasure i love a loud system. so my questions are does any one have a 4 12" build for a trunk? it says .85-1.75 ft3 per sub but thats sealed what should it be ported?, what would i get if i went went with the max ft3 it says? my goal was to be some where around 6ft3 around 32hz with a L port, i was thinking maby dual L ports but im open to options i just want it to slam hard so give me some more knowledge im an amature when it comes to building boxes, please guys! thanks!

Well, I doubt you can fit 4 12's and a port firing forward and seal it off from the trunk. So I would go check out Raptorman's build, not the same car, and he has 6 subs instead of 4, but you should be able to get some good ideas from it. He is doing subs up port back IIRC.

Also, I remember seeing a video on youtube of 4 12's in a trunk, 2 facing to the left, 2 facing to the right, and port to the back and it looked like it was doing a good job getting loud, that could also be another thing to look into.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived