Do you guys believe in ghosts?

Haven't had any experience where I thought there were ghosts, but the thought of ghosts scare the shit out of me... even if they are relatives knocking shit down in the kitchen, FUCK THAT leave me alone lol.

Again, that's not a control because all humans have memories and have experienced that which they cannot explain, ergo, the supernatural. If you can find a person who has never experienced something he couldn't identify and whom had never been a child, then you have a control.

And yes, the subconscious does indeed fabricate information. This is how you can have a dream where you're flying over a canyon filled with green fire and orange rivers. Obviously, you've seen canyons and fire and rivers and colors but, you haven't done the impossible or actually seen the impossible.

And the drug comment was in jest. It's none the less true that I have used them but not for that purpose... that my conscious mind knows of. :-)

EDIT: Hope this helps clear things up...

A blind man saying he heard or felt something only proves that a blind man said he heard or felt something. Any reported human experience must be corporeal or otherwise detectable by others, even if it's through the use of some sort of test equipment. Otherwise, it's pure conjecture.

Eye witness accounts are notoriously inaccurate, as are subjective experiences of the unknown.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Once again, it is not fabricating information out of thin air. It is simply using information your brain already has. Dreams are just one example, but the subconscious does not do its own information gathering. The brain is not able to process every bit of information so it switches continually from the back to the front and back so we can process what the brain calls important information and that could be considered what our conscious is. But that doesn't mean our brain hasn't taken in more information than what our conscious processes. The subconscious can interpret information any way it wants, but it only interprets the information the brain contains.

You ever have a dream that you can't run? Or your feet are 1,000 lbs? Or my favorite, that your punches are very slow or incredibly weak? The brain sends the signal but your body is asleep, so the subconscious merely interprets that information. It isn't making up information or speculating as to your physical abilities or a future fight you might have. Merely making whatever pattern it can out of the information it has, regardless of what our conscious is aware of.

For arguments sake. A blind person who is not told he is entering a haunted location or location of extreme paranormal activity would have a subconscious completely clear of that information. A person who can see his surroundings and knows he's in a fearful place will automatically have an effect of his subconscious using all information. Fight or flight is merely a reaction to the information our brains possess, whether it's a memory, fear of pain, or irrational fear as a result of our subconscious. So...a blind person with no knowledge of where he is indeed a controlled variable. His subconscious will not make up the fear unless of course, there is in fact paranormal activity.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Speaking of my own experience I feel there is ghost or demons or some super natural shit taking place in my house an others I've lived at. Not saying that there's not cases of people thinking they seen them an realy didnt. I know what I've seen an herd.

Ghosts as in random spirits floating around?... No

Demons, yes.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Once again, it is not fabricating information out of thin air. It is simply using information your brain already has. Dreams are just one example, but the subconscious does not do its own information gathering. The brain is not able to process every bit of information so it switches continually from the back to the front and back so we can process what the brain calls important information and that could be considered what our conscious is. But that doesn't mean our brain hasn't taken in more information than what our conscious processes. The subconscious can interpret information any way it wants, but it only interprets the information the brain contains.

You ever have a dream that you can't run? Or your feet are 1,000 lbs? Or my favorite, that your punches are very slow or incredibly weak? The brain sends the signal but your body is asleep, so the subconscious merely interprets that information. It isn't making up information or speculating as to your physical abilities or a future fight you might have. Merely making whatever pattern it can out of the information it has, regardless of what our conscious is aware of.

For arguments sake. A blind person who is not told he is entering a haunted location or location of extreme paranormal activity would have a subconscious completely clear of that information. A person who can see his surroundings and knows he's in a fearful place will automatically have an effect of his subconscious using all information. Fight or flight is merely a reaction to the information our brains possess, whether it's a memory, fear of pain, or irrational fear as a result of our subconscious. So...a blind person with no knowledge of where he is indeed a controlled variable. His subconscious will not make up the fear unless of course, there is in fact paranormal activity.

If the alleged paranormal activity is a squeaky door hinge or a drafty wall (which are all too commonly mistaken for boogey men), when he hears them he will either think of boogey men or he will think of squeaky hinges or drafty walls... depending upon how rational a thinker he is.

Assuming he's an irrational thinker and claims he heard a ghost... that only proves that he claimed to hear a ghost. It does not validate what he thinks he heard and it does not prove the existence of ghosts. It proves that words came from his mouth and formed a cogent (if not irrational) sentence.

As I said earlier, if he suffered physical harm to his body in the witness of other, disinterested parties and it could be proven that he did not suffer this injury prior, then you may have a case. However, the subject need not be blind for that to be the case and, hundreds of people have attempted to make that sort of thing happen for cold hard cash in the last 39 years and all have failed. Not most... all. Science calls 99.6% (IIRC) accuracy a truth. The failure rate of paranormal claims exceeds that number and thus, it can safely be said that it is a fact that ghosts do not exist... outside the human mind.

As for the topic of dreams, I'll spare everyone a WOT and digress. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Ghosts as in random spirits floating around?... No

Demons, yes.

thanks I feel better knowing its just demons.

Hahahahahahahah, sorry :P thats just what i think. Its an opinion. They're like assholes, everyones got one!

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

I cannot believe how wrong you are, the logic just isn't there. People often create irrational subconscious fears due to the environment they're in. Tell them they're in a haunted house and all of a sudden the shadows are outstretched hands, the creaky door is a spirit, the wind becomes whispers in the corner and so forth.

A blind guy who wouldn't know where he was who told he's just at a house to read books would hear the door creak send think...its a creaky door. The fact he has heard about ghosts does not mean hearing a sound equals fear of paranormal activity. If you honestly think so, you really don't know how the subconscious works.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived