Second Skin Audio

how much can a recone increase performance

Lead wires burning in two are a issue with Re . All it takes is a split second of clipping an there done. You can get triple lead wires on psi recone

One f****** time is all it took! and they were such beastly little subs too for 600rms.

Do lead wires have to be stitched to the spider? Because idk how to do that and if the upgrade for the sub costs too much i'm thinking of just buying some

lead wires and re soldering them.

Lead wires burning in two are a issue with Re . All it takes is a split second of clipping an there done. You can get triple lead wires on psi recone

One f$$**** time is all it took! and they were such beastly little subs too for 600rms.

Do lead wires have to be stitched to the spider? Because idk how to do that and if the upgrade for the sub costs too much i'm thinking of just buying some

lead wires and re soldering them.

Well, upgrading the motor coil and basket means you're replacing every part of the sub so...buying a new sub would be just as effective and around the same price

Well I would like some more experience in building subs. This guy is selling a tc sounds motor 4" coil. How much would a basket for a 12" cost that would fit that magnet?

Well, upgrading the motor coil and basket means you're replacing every part of the sub so...buying a new sub would be just as effective and around the same price

Well I would like some more experience in building subs. This guy is selling a tc sounds motor 4" coil. How much would a basket for a 12" cost that would fit that magnet?

The frame brand new is about $85, or if you just want a 12 spoke they are about $50. Then you would also need coil, cone/ surround, spiders (& spacer w/ TI frame), shims, glue, and a gasket & dust cap.

PSI sells all of this, except the TC frame, which can be found on eBay.

But a heads up, it's kinda expensive to do all this, at least more so than I thought. Plus, if you've never done it, you really want to have someone there with experience to help you out. It's all pretty simple, but also very easy to mess up.

But yeah if your determined to build your own sub, PSi is the place to go for help and parts. They are a little high, but have quality parts, and will help you out all they possibly can. My advice would be to use that TC motor, or any motor that is proven, powerful, and easy to find parts for. It will be much easier overall if you do. The RE's can be built to be nice, but is that really what you want? That's the main thing I would consider before making any decisions.

Hope that was at least somewhat helpful.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Experimenting with coil/motor configs sure is fun. But be ready to play around with enclosure tuning,ssf tuning ect. Most parameters will change after a re-cone,and it may never be as loud as before in the same enclosure on the same amp,especially with an even more stiffer suspension and possibly higher fs.

Archived