Second Skin Audio

how much can a recone increase performance

I have a pair of re sex 12's sitting around because the lead wires burnt in half and they are too short to re solder. The sub originally could handle 600 rms, but I would like it to handle more. So if I just get a couple quality re cone kits, by how much can I increase the power handling of the sub?

Recones don't really "increase" performance. Unless the old one was pretty messed up. Usually the new stiff recones have to get broken in again to start sounding louder/better like the old ones did. If you get what I'm saying. Unless you are talking about an upgraded recone which could handle more power. Than that's a different story.

Recones don't really "increase" performance. Unless the old one was pretty messed up. Usually the new stiff recones have to get broken in again to start sounding louder/better like the old ones did. If you get what I'm saying. Unless you are talking about an upgraded recone which could handle more power. Than that's a different story.

Yes, I am talking about a custom upgraded re cone.

coil is what determines power for the most part. 2.5 inch coil right? I wouldnt expect it to take more than 1000 rms. at most. would be more comfortable in the 7-800 rasnge.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes, it will increase performance, if you use the right parts. Like N8 said, the coil is the most crucial. After that, I believe, is the suspension. And of course the leads are important too.

Sounds like what you want is rebuilt, upgraded subs? PSi can fix you right up!

Edit: Just remember, the more power you make it able to take, the less "musical" it will be.
It's not always about power.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Yes, it will increase performance, if you use the right parts. Like N8 said, the coil is the most crucial. After that, I believe, is the suspension. And of course the leads are important too.

Sounds like what you want is rebuilt, upgraded subs? PSi can fix you right up!

Edit: Just remember, the more power you make it able to take, the less "musical" it will be.

It's not always about power.

Yes that's exactly what I want. Sounds like I'm going to have to upgrade the motor, coil, and possibly the basket as well?

How much do you think it'll cost? Because if it's too much i'll just stop thinking about it and buy a BL

Lead wires burning in two are a issue with Re . All it takes is a split second of clipping an there done. You can get triple lead wires on psi recone

One f****** time is all it took! and they were such beastly little subs too for 600rms.

Do lead wires have to be stitched to the spider? Because idk how to do that and if the upgrade for the sub costs too much i'm thinking of just buying some

lead wires and re soldering them.

Lead wires burning in two are a issue with Re . All it takes is a split second of clipping an there done. You can get triple lead wires on psi recone

One f****** time is all it took! and they were such beastly little subs too for 600rms.

Do lead wires have to be stitched to the spider? Because idk how to do that and if the upgrade for the sub costs too much i'm thinking of just buying some

lead wires and re soldering them.

Archived