Second Skin Audio

peak freq and biggest voltage drop

so while listening to my music i noticed ( all stock electrical except a 10farad rockford cap ) that songs that play further away from my peak freq has less voltage drop. i peak around 45hz and drop to 11.9 full tilt from about 43-47hz. but when playing freq around 33-35hz i was only dropping to 12.1-12.5v. then anything around 50hz had a similar voltage drop as the low to mid 30's.

just wondering if this means that not only am i peaking around 45hz but is that also where im getting the least amount of impedance rise? not trying to combat rise or anything just something i was thinking.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It may or may not be where you peak, depending on various factors.

But that's where you have the least box rise

i know may peak is somewhere between 43-47hz, scored a 142.4 right in that freq range on a tl i just wasnt looking at the peak freq on the screen. was trying to push for an extra 1-.2 db.

i was just wondering because ive never noticed it before and i have never tested for rise. i just dont see the point in trying to combat rise. ill just stick with the constant power amps.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived