anyone use one of those hidden deck systems?

Ive got a 65 Nova and the bottom line is, I either need to cut the dash for my Alpine CD/USB deck or install one of the hidden units.

Are they any decent hidden radio sets with good fidelity? Im finding mixed reviews on the internet.

Im looking at something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hidden-Universal-Ultimate-Car-Stereo-Radio-Controller-for-ipod-USB-Satellite-FM-/220858835138?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336c3660c2&vxp=mtr

Id really like to install the Alpine, but cant bring myself to cut the dash.

ive seen alot of people just put a factory stereo where stereo goes and wither do a center console with new deck or put it in glove box if your car has one

i know what u mean about cutting up the dash and what knot

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ive seen alot of people just put a factory stereo where stereo goes and wither do a center console with new deck or put it in glove box if your car has one

i know what u mean about cutting up the dash and what knot

It wont go in the glove box because my new Vintage Air kit displaced the old glove box and I now have one about a third of the size to fit the blower motor and stuff. I mocked up a console but it doesnt look right because its an SS and the center console wasnt designed centered. It looked jacked up having the radio console centered on the tranny hump and everything behind it, off center

anywhere to mount it to the bottom of the dashboard. would need a few small screws to hold it to the dash though. holes would be tiny and an easy fix with some bondo or glass. just an idea.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

One guy I know hid the stereo head unit in trunk and since his main goal was to get his iPod in his car (1965 GTO) he just ran an extra long cable back up to where he sat, and he could use the iPod from there. He also had a remote where he could change the output (whether it be on radio or iPod or cd). I'm not sure what all your looking for as far as what you want to get out of the head unit; but a lot of them have Bluetooth now and that would easily reach from the trunk as well; If you wanted to put a head unit in there. Just a thought, and good luck on whichever route you take.

Archived