802.11n help :(

Also most "signal bars" RSSI doesn't exactly account for signal interference.

Get inSSIDer (google it) on your laptop and scan the 2.4GHz band. Find the least "congested" channel and then manually set your router to use that channel.

Alright thanks! I'll go ahead and try that.

Yeah, you can have strong signal and still drop packets. Hell I have 300Mbit and if someone starts the microwave I'll drop like 75% of the packets.

Haha, that sucks man. Even though I am on the 2.4Ghz frequency, I've never actually experienced that before. How close is your Wireless AP to your microwave?

Microwave ovens operate in the same 2.4ghz band that 802.11b/g/n uses. Just takes a few milliwatts from the 1000+ watts your oven has to leak out and cause enough noise to disrupt the signal. For comparison, most routers are around 100mw (0.1 watt) and some up to 200mw (0.2 watt).

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 2 weeks later...

You should probably get a new wireless connection. 150 is kinda really low. AC just came out which is over 1GB per second.

which is also kinda expensive

if you want fast network speeds, stick with a good ol cat6 cable, and gigabit networking ;D

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 2 weeks later...

You should probably get a new wireless connection. 150 is kinda really low. AC just came out which is over 1GB per second.

which is also kinda expensive

if you want fast network speeds, stick with a good ol cat6 cable, and gigabit networking ;D

Expensive indeed! I sure wish I could run wired, but it's just not that simple for where my computer is. After I got the card working, wireless has been great. I can play BF3 with 35ms ping to lots of servers, and basically no connection issues unless FiOS is bein' screwy.

Archived