Sonic Electronix

I'm not sure what that is skulls, cant read it. But, I belive you figure about 50% duty cycle on "D" amps, so two 90amp fuses on music should be around 90amps. 4ga is good to 140amps. I agree though, bigger wire would be better.

Run some 1/0 to a distro block and 4ga to each amp.

But you have one amp wired to 1ohm and the other to 2ohm. That amp should do the same power at 1ohm as it does at 2ohm. Suppose to do 900 watts at 2ohms and 1ohm.

don't mean to thread jack but I thought when you wired an amp down it produces more power??? how does that amp do the same on 2 ohms as it does on 1 ohm?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

hey bump4life, that amp will do 1ohm, its in the manual. It's just very power hungry at 1ohm.

i wouldn't trust it when the manual says:

900rms at 2 ohms.

>900rms at 1 ohm.

the fuck kind of power rating is that? LOL

hey bump4life, that amp will do 1ohm, its in the manual. It's just very power hungry at 1ohm.

900rms at 2 ohms.

>900rms at 1 ohm.

There are lots off amps that do that, Fosgate BDCP anyone? The kenwood is suppose to have a regulated power output, so you can wire down to 1ohm and fight box rise.

900rms at 2 ohms.

>900rms at 1 ohm.

There are lots off amps that do that, Fosgate BDCP anyone? The kenwood is suppose to have a regulated power output, so you can wire down to 1ohm and fight box rise.

was unaware it could be wired to 1 ohm.

i still think his dual 2 ohm subs are at .5 ohm final load. causing massive draw blowing fuses heating wire, risking fire and equipment failure. especially in the summer.

it never did it before cause it was a lot colder. now things heat up, more resitance less efficiency, more current draw, gunna make things break

and he said ti only occurs when he turns it up. sounds like .5 ohm load to me.

only other thing could be amp failure or loose parts internally.

OP check all connections and grounds and wiring. then if those all good it comes down to impedence or amp itself.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

900rms at 2 ohms.

>900rms at 1 ohm.

the RF manual doesnt say "oh it'll do over X watts" indicated with a greater than symbol. it shows the same exact rating for 2 and 1 ohm.

there is no bullshit with the user having questions such as, "well how MUCH greater than 900 watts?" you dont know lol. you never will until you put the amp on a dyno/clamp/what have you.

RF comes with birthsheets so you know what it actually does. kenwoods are...kenwoods.

900rms at 2 ohms.

>900rms at 1 ohm.

the RF manual doesnt say "oh it'll do over X watts" indicated with a greater than symbol. it shows the same exact rating for 2 and 1 ohm.

there is no bullshit with the user having questions such as, "well how MUCH greater than 900 watts?" you dont know lol. you never will until you put the amp on a dyno/clamp/what have you.

RF comes with birthsheets so you know what it actually does. kenwoods are...kenwoods.

Ok, your'e right. I agree the kenwoods are trash. doesn't change the fact the amp will still do 1ohm. Plus, i know of only a couple companies that have "birthsheets", so that argument is kind of lame.

just saying though man. any time i've seen that amp wired to 1 ohm, it would get hot.

RF is the only company i know of that makes a regulated (constant power, whatever) amplifier that comes with a birth sheet. kicker doesn't make amplifiers that output the same power at different ohm loads, last i checked.

anyways OP, the one amp is probably wired super low hence the fuse blowing. change the wiring up, because that shop probably fucked it up for you, and see what happens after.

buy yourself a $20 digital multimeter and double check to see if the resistance (ohm load) that the amp is seeing is correct.

Archived