Second Skin Audio

need subwoofer suggestions!

trent420

Hey guys. Im new to this forum. Im building a SPL system in my 2001 eclipse. Its been about 13 years since ive done any car audio, and as you know, things have drastically changed since then! I just ordered a MMATS 300.1 It's 2700 [email protected]. Now I need to buy sub(s). I don't have much room in the back. I don't mind if the back seat has to come out either. I'm thinking it would probably be more practical to use (1) high quality sub due to the space I have. I was thinking about going with 1 DD 15 OR 1 Really XXX 15 in a vented enclosure. My other thought was doing (2) Rockford t2 15's(if I can fit 2) what do you think? One sub or two? I know this is A very broad question, and there are a million answer. My budget is definitely not unlimited either! I'm going to buy one component at a time until I have everything I need. Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

I'd say you would be alrihgt with 15's in that eclipse, You might need a bit of room for 2 T2 15s though, they might require a lot of port space

I would do two 12"s. Two 15s would require a shit ton of space which isn't easy in an eclipse hatchback unless you wall it. Not to mention,if your doing a standard slot ported enclosure tuned low it will require even more space. I recently did a 15t2 and a power 1500 in a 02 eclipse. The edge of the box already rest on the hatch panel. And its only 17" hight tuned to 38hz.

The AA Havoc 12's are great(if you can find them), i'm running two of them, keep the back seat. Are you trying to retain any trunk space at all?

I don't care if I have ANY hatch space left! Lol I was thinking if the back seat came out I could extend the box to the back of the front seats if needed, to get the required air space. Slofkccar, how did the 1 15 sound? I have 2 Rockford p3's in there now in a groundshaker vented box on a Hi Fonics 2000.1class D and it does 143.3 on a term lab. I want something much, much louder!

I thought about just walling it off, but installation would cost a fortune, and I don't know any audio shops I would trust to do it. I'm already going to have to travel to get it installed cause I live in a tiny town. I'm about an hour from Atlanta, so I'm probably going to started shopping around for competent shops in the near future.

I don't care if I have ANY hatch space left! Lol I was thinking if the back seat came out I could extend the box to the back of the front seats if needed, to get the required air space. Slofkccar, how did the 1 15 sound? I have 2 Rockford p3's in there now in a groundshaker vented box on a Hi Fonics 2000.1class D and it does 143.3 on a term lab. I want something much, much louder!

Archived