Amps for sq

chronic2001

I was planning on running some hertz Mille components and was curious to what qualifies a amp for sq? I currently have a sundown 200.4 and figured I would use that unless there was some reason audison or some other company makes a better amp for sq. I'm not competing but would like to get the best sound if I'm dropping that kind of money on door speakers. I will also be running active with either a bit one or pioneer 99prs or both. So which makes the bigger difference, amp or processor, or both?

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

The 99prs can stand alone just fine without additional processing ...

Look for amplifiers that have great dynamics and headroom capabilities ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Use the Sundown and see if you like the sound of your system. Yes there are better amps out there as far as SQ. I would do a nice head unit with the BitOne, as opposed to just the 99prs, but that's splitting hairs. Both will do a good job and be flexible to help refine your sound. I'd just rather mess with a processor instead of the small screen of the deck.

As far as advantages for the 99prs... it has no floor noise and the iPod audio outlet is very good, as well as the ability for on the fly tuning. If those are important aspects to your decision, maybe go with the 99prs.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

From what I've heard on my own system (Audison Voce AV 5.1k & all Hertz Hi Energy speakers: 3 ways up front, 2 ways in rear and 2 12 inch Hi Energy subwoofers) that amp is the cleanest sounding amp I've heard and if your looking to go active, it is a great choice with 75 watts RMS on A channel for tweeters and 140 watts RMS on B channel for the midbass driver and then if you did like a single Hertz Milli 10 you can get 600 watts RMS out of the C channel if you wanted. All those at @ 4 ohm as well and each channel has its crossovers for a fully active set up strait off the amp.

Also you said maybe using the bit one? If you went with the Audison amp it has the capabilities of going fully digital; so you could run pre out from your head unit into the bit one and then go digital from bit one into the amp giving you the best possible sound quality.

Just throwing an option out there from what I've experienced, good luck on which ever route you choose, I know you'll love the speakers (really hard to make them sound bad haha)

Got you PM and having trouble trying to reply. My POS company laptop just ain't working like it should ...

OK ...

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here ??

What headunit / components do you have now ??

Any way you can post pics of your Dash / A-pillars / kick pannels/ doors ???

I Always start out slow and work my way up ... meaning nice headunit / 2 way passive / nice strong amplifier ...

I work on component locations / aiming / installation / and best tuning possible before upgrades (if needed) ...

My truck is one of the biggest competitors in the Sound Quality scene and I run 2 way passive with no processing ...

It's all done by the specs I listed above !!! I know all vehicles are different and every install is independent, but testing and tuning is all the same ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

OK ... just googled your headunit you have listed in your signature ...

If you use that headunit, you will need an additional processor, but if you bump up to the 99prs (what you have listed), you will not need an additional processor ... guess this is where we need to start ...

For now, I would keep the 4 channel you have now, use it, and upgrade later ... cause I would think saving your money and picking out you mids and highs / components needs to be done once the headunit / processor thing is figured out ...

This will be for my 2013 Honda accord couple exl. So I have the factory touch screen, but I was thinking of just adding that sexy deck glassed into the dash in a open pocket. I was thinking either that or run a bit one off the factory deck. I think I'm going to stick with the 2 way to start and add on if I want to later. I will try my sundown out to start then go from there. I will have to think about the deck or bit one. I might just try to stay factory looking for now save some time on not having to glass. Does anyone know how well the bit tune works? Thanks for all the opinions and advice so far. Keep it coming...

Pioneer deh-8300UB

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

Big 3 upgrade

If that was my vehicle, I would leave the factory headunit (Removing that factory piece might void your warranty) there and go with the porcessor ...

The audison unit should have all the information with it to get you started (you may need a laptop to set it up) ...

And yes, set your 2 way up active so you can time align and EQ separately for tuning stage and image ...

My suggestion would be to learn as much as you can about stage and image !!! Like going to a few Sound Quality competitions and get you some listening time Demos !!!

Any competions like that around northern Indiana ?

Pioneer deh-8300UB

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

Big 3 upgrade

Archived