Sonic Electronix

ok so i have one 4 ohm dvc subwoofer. can i hook up 2 two channel amps on it if i bridge each one into its own coil? not sure if this will work because the amps do not have straping capability. does anyone have any experience with this?

Is it possible? Yes. But you'll have to do some serious gain and crossover matching to do it effectively.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Is it possible? Yes. But you'll have to do some serious gain and crossover matching to do it effectively.

well the amps are both the same they just dont have strapping capability. would that make it fairly easier to do?

well the amps are both the same they just dont have strapping capability. would that make it fairly easier to do?

I wouldnt recommend it at all, but what kind of amps are they?

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

Just some cheap dual amplifiers i got for 10 bucks a pop. im just playing around with used speakers and amps ive acquired and was wondering if it would work.

Same amp yes, but you still want to match the signal. Not too difficult as long as you have the correct equipment. What amps are you referring to?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Just some cheap dual amplifiers i got for 10 bucks a pop. im just playing around with used speakers and amps ive acquired and was wondering if it would work.

you can make it work, but make sure to match the gains. if not then it wont be lasting long

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

Same amp yes, but you still want to match the signal. Not too difficult as long as you have the correct equipment. What amps are you referring to?

the dual xpa2100 amps. they were just some cheap finds i found at garage sales lol. and the sub is an alpine sws12d4.

Archived