SQ improvement

Bradprobert

Yes, the 80prs has time alignment built in ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Is there a method I can follow for physical time alignment? The math is not a problem for me so if some formulas are involved I'm all for it.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I know that there is a mathematics equation for it ... but for me, I adjust by ear until I get the sound stage and image I'm looking for ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I found this little article yesterday and it was an awesome little write up I am going to try.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/65061-improve-your-soundstage-%242.html

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

to get the best out of the component set place the tweeter the same distance from your ear the mid bass is ... so way the door speaker on driver side is 32 inches from your left ear ... place the tweeter in a location as close to that distance you can...

to get the best out of the component set place the tweeter the same distance from your ear the mid bass is ... so way the door speaker on driver side is 32 inches from your left ear ... place the tweeter in a location as close to that distance you can...

Is the reason for this to prevent major phase and cancellation issues near the crossover points?

Is the reason for this to prevent major phase and cancellation issues near the crossover points?
When you get your drivers in perfect time alignment like Josh pointed out, phase and cancellation issues are no longer a problem because the drivers work with each other instead of against one another ... nothing to do with crossover points.

Alright sweet. thanks guys for all the help it makes perfect sense. Only thing left is some time working in the vehicle.

Archived