SQ improvement

Bradprobert

What I am trying to do is get the best sound out of my system with what I have. this is mainly concerning my mids and highs.

Here are the door pods I have on each front door. They are completely sealed as of now to keep from losing sound into the door and causing rattles.

524209_168999103255627_1991676928_n.jpg

538678_168999119922292_1551680315_n.jpg

The speakers that are in right now are going to be replaced by component sets of speakers. What I'm wondering is where I should place the tweeters and which direction they need to face.

Thanks in advance, Brad.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Maybe in the A pillars? Most will say closer to the midrange speaker. You just have to play with location and see where you have room.

In all honesty: where tweeters sound best is all in the eye of the beholder. Get them, toy with aiming and location, and put them wherever sounds best to you.

I have some super tweets and they are on the dash pointing right at your face. Lots of people will say that's a nono but that's how they sounded best to me

Ok, thanks guys. After reading some topics I became somewhat confused by all the topics concerning driver placement and how it can hurt or destroy imaging, cancellation, etc.

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I'd leave things the way they are and play with time alignment before I just went to changing equipment just to find you might not get much improvement and be back at square one ... Just saying ...

Learning your time alignment will help you figure out what's lacking in your driver placement ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I understand what you're saying. Is there a way to work with time alignment without a processor of some sort? I have been looking into the pioneer 80prs head unit for all of those functions if it would be necessary or more beneficial than anything else that could be upgraded. Thanks for replying.

You do not need a processor ... And that 80prs would be a very nice unit for tuning ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

running 2 tweeters especially in different spots can end up being really bad. I would start with one set of tweeters and place them in several spots to see how you like them. I would aim them off and on axis to see what you like. I heard some cars with tweets right near the mids sound good just like I have heard cars with tweets in the a pillar sound good. If you end up with the 80, try active at some point with T/A and you will like it better.

Yes. Running only one pair of tweeters is the best way that I've found in Sound Quality ... Just saying

Ok so I've been doing some research on physical time alignment which is what I'm assuming what you're referring to use without a processor?

Archived