where to ground?

Of course up front i will do the big 3 in my car with an engine ground and what not...in the rear however, is it safe to ground to just the thin sheet metal on the trunk? I thought it wouldn't be sufficient, but my local car audio shop said it was fine. Should i cut a whole in the trunk to ground to the frame? Is sanding and grounding the trunk metal enough? thanks.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Of course up front i will do the big 3 in my car with an engine ground and what not...in the rear however, is it safe to ground to just the thin sheet metal on the trunk? I thought it wouldn't be sufficient, but my local car audio shop said it was fine. Should i cut a whole in the trunk to ground to the frame? Is sanding and grounding the trunk metal enough? thanks.

most people just old school it to the sheet metal. for me though, in my personal vehicles i use another run back to the front for the ground. to me using sheet metal is just half assing on anything above 100amps.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived