Ahhhh ok. Those fuses are 80a each?

You should be fine. I doubt you'll pop them unless you are clipping a ton. If you do: stick (4) 100amp fuses in there and you should be good to go

In that case I'd replace them. I can just about guarantee they will blow lol

If you don't have a volt meter in your car: invest in one. They are good to have, especially in your case where you have the stock alt and you need to worry about drop

i have a voltmeter just need to install it. will prob be doing that today.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Ok cool. If at all possible, run the positive and negative leads to the pack and put them into the power inputs on the amp along with the power wire. That way you see what the amp sees. Don't forget to fuse it too ;)

will def do that. what size fuse? im sure its a smaller fuse.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Might as well wait till they blow to replace them, but yea go with 100's then, buy them now though, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I used a 3a fuse for mine. In all honesty you could use a 1a fuse. Most volt meters only draw a couple milliamps anyway.

Here's what I use. Use a butt connector to attach it to your lead wire to the fuse holder, then stick the wire from the fuse holder right into the amp
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Cooper-Bussmann-ATC-fuse-holder/_/N-25gq?itemIdentifier=32415_0_0_

Archived