Just picked up a 73 chevy c10. Trying to read up and learn about bag setups. I'm wanting to bag my truck but don't have a clue what all I need.

I have Only lifted my trucks in the past so I don't even know where to start. I've been looking at full kits because I don't feel comfortable piecing together my own stuff since I don't know much. I don't want to cheap out and just look for budget friendly stuff but I also don't have $20,000 to go towards bags. Can anyone help me out and give me some guidance. Maybe on what all I need to bag it and what not?

do you want it to lay out or just be bagged. big difference in what you'll need to do.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That's where I'm not sure. If you lay frame can you still raise it up to ride at a decent level so you don't bottom out everywhere?

I like the look when the tires are tucked just a little so if I could get that without laying frame I think I would be happy.

yes you can. heres the thing. once you bag it and dont lay it out. you're going to start learning more about it and want to do it. Either that or people throw big money into the engine and run thehell out of em. theres a whole forum dedicated to these trucks. That would be a good place to start.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah I'm on one of them already and have gotten some help. It looks like porterbuilt is making the best components for these trucks at the moment?

I also read about Steve's Tahoe and how he has the self adjusting ride height and all that, so I'm just feeling overwhelmed I guess and don't want to start ordering the wrong stuff haha

You will get fucked buying a kit and or having someone install the system and them ordering your parts for you.Read up. They will se you coming a mile away with a fistful of cash and no clue about what is about to be done.If done uncorrectly it can ruin your truck and make it very unsafe to drive. I see it a lot around here in Houston. Lottttsssss of bagged trucks in this area. I used to own A Dodge Dakota that was bagged and driven daily. A lot of heartache and a lot of money. Do a lot of research and get an understanding of what your budget is, and what you are trying to achieve with the vehicle. Good luck, no feeling like being on bagz.

Thanks I appreciate that. I definitely don't want something that's unsafe to drive. So is there any recommendation on who make the est quality parts? And is a 4 link in the rear the best way to go or is there something better to do? It seems like in the front it's pretty simple and straight forward. Just seems the rear is a little more complex.

And I don't have a problem doing it myself. I have a welder, plasma cutter, etc. it's just a matter of getting the right equipment haha

if you have never done a rear you can try the bolt on 4 link from chassis works.. makes it much easier for one with no knowledge with aligning the axle

i also went with the watts link so my axle wont shift as I lower or rise the truck

Archived