Sundown Audio

noticeable difference in clarity between A/B and D class?

wrexxy

Normaly a medium quality Class D amp is a good choice for clarity. The advantage of class A/B is in the colour of sound.

Note really sure what you mean by the colour of the sound, but maybe that means i wouldn't notice a difference?

either way, suggestions on a 4ch? call the budget up to $350, and at least 100rms @4ohm x 4 channels

Ive read some great things about zuki amps, I plan on running his eleets 5 channel in my sierra

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Normaly a medium quality Class D amp is a good choice for clarity. The advantage of class A/B is in the colour of sound.

Note really sure what you mean by the colour of the sound, but maybe that means i wouldn't notice a difference?

either way, suggestions on a 4ch? call the budget up to $350, and at least 100rms @4ohm x 4 channels

The more you learn and the more you critical listen to music like a true audiophile (not just wide ass open trying to blow girlie's hair up in the air) ... The more you will understand what Watch The Bass is talking about ...

I'm sponsored by linear power, So I can not recommend brand names. Also, to be honest, I'm against running multiple channel amplifiers anyways ... but if I had no choice, I'd definitely take class A/B over class D ... I have 2 2-channel amplifiers running my front stage in the neighborhood of 600 watts (150w x 4) ...

Best of luck with your search brother !!! I'm tuned in If you need anything ...

hmmm didn't give thought to 2 2-channel amps. it would mean i have to find somewhere to put 2 amps instead of just one. part of my install/build was to try to have it as clean/stock looking as possible. and not take up too much room. plus living in a harsh winter climate and being a snowboarded doesn't really lend itself to having amps under both front seats.

alright, so i've decided that i'm fine running a full range class D for my 4 ch.

Now i'm just trying to decide wether to go with the sax 125.4 or the alpine pdx F6. the alpine is rated at 150x4 @ 4ohms, but i feel like the sundown might do me better. plus i already have a saz1000d for my sub. thoughts?

Im willing to bed theres ppl who have won sq competitions with class d amps. I wouldnt worry about it tbh. Your speakers are going to make more of and audible difference then ur amp. And thats fact. As long as urs class d np has a low thd % ur fine.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Really depends on your ear if you can tell the difference or not. I have heard some very nice systems that were all class D setups and they sounded amazing. I have also heard some nice setups with the best money can buy class Ab that sounded like a blownout asshole. It all depends on install and tuning.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

so i went with the polk PA d4000.4 class D, decent specs, wasn't crazy expensive, and to be honest anything over stock i'm sure is going to be amazing. its guna be like going from frozen burger patties to fresh kobe beef in this case (stock sucks).

anyway, I was wondering how other people have mounted their amps.

I have room around my spare tire under the false floor of the hatch. its not flat by any means, but there is more than enough room to fit both my 4 ch and my sub amp back there.

Archived