Sundown Audio

noticeable difference in clarity between A/B and D class?

wrexxy

IMO yes, I even hear the difference between the same class. Like I just got a new amp JL GMAX 1200.1, old amp was vvme 1500.1. And way big difference in sound in the 2. I like that alpine I know a guy who runs one and lives it.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

That alpine should be fine for normal everyday use ...

But for me, I would rather have a well built class A/B anyday for better dynamics and headroom ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

opps, forgot to say that this was for for my front (components) and rear fill. Both Image Dynamics CTX series.

as far as A/B class amps, i have no idea what's classified as good. I'd like to at least run 100 rms to the fronts and at least 75 to the rears.

IMO yes, I even hear the difference between the same class. Like I just got a new amp JL GMAX 1200.1, old amp was vvme 1500.1. And way big difference in sound in the 2. I like that alpine I know a guy who runs one and lives it.

This topic is about full range multi channel amplifiers, not mono block sub amps ...

Thank you for throwing some of us off-track ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Normaly a medium quality Class D amp is a good choice for clarity. The advantage of class A/B is in the colour of sound.

Note really sure what you mean by the colour of the sound, but maybe that means i wouldn't notice a difference?

either way, suggestions on a 4ch? call the budget up to $350, and at least 100rms @4ohm x 4 channels

Normaly a medium quality Class D amp is a good choice for clarity. The advantage of class A/B is in the colour of sound.

Note really sure what you mean by the colour of the sound, but maybe that means i wouldn't notice a difference?

either way, suggestions on a 4ch? call the budget up to $350, and at least 100rms @4ohm x 4 channels

The more you learn and the more you critical listen to music like a true audiophile (not just wide ass open trying to blow girlie's hair up in the air) ... The more you will understand what Watch The Bass is talking about ...

I'm sponsored by linear power, So I can not recommend brand names. Also, to be honest, I'm against running multiple channel amplifiers anyways ... but if I had no choice, I'd definitely take class A/B over class D ... I have 2 2-channel amplifiers running my front stage in the neighborhood of 600 watts (150w x 4) ...

Best of luck with your search brother !!! I'm tuned in If you need anything ...

Archived