2nd Battery HELP!!!

So I picked up a 2nd battery today. Wired it + from the front to + on the back battery, Then positive from the back battery to the amp. Then with the front negative disconnected I hookd up the negative from the back battery to the amp and it turns the amp on for some reason? So I have constant power without the front battery connected and while the car isn't even on? What am I doing wrong? Is it safe to try and hook up both batterys and see if that will shut my amp off when the car isn't running? Is there possible damage that will happen to my amp? Or any part of the car lol?

Rebuild in progress...

check the remote terminal on the amp its getting power somewhere

What do you mean? The remote wire is hookd up to my deck and the deck isn't on... When I had a single battery I didn't have this problem, Just added the battery and now its all crazy...

Rebuild in progress...

your welcome, it happened to me to but after switching amps

2nd batt really didnt hhelp much. Didn't have money for 2 new agms so I jus got a deep cycle. Guess even with just 2k you either need $500 in batteries or a 2nd battery n a ho alt... Lame

Rebuild in progress...

what size wire is on it? and also they can only do so much

0g knu cca... Looking into a 185a dc power alt or possibly a singer 200a... Tho it'll take quite some time. Tax season I'm sure. Almost wondering if I should return the battery ($120) and put that towards an alt?

Rebuild in progress...

Did some research and my stock alt is 130a... I'm sure it's old because ud figure a 130a alt + 2 battery's wouldn't let my voltage drop from 13.9 to 12.4 on pry 2 seconds worth of bass... Only running a bc2k... Wonder if an overdrive pulley would b a waste of time/$? I may take my deep cycle back n put that money towards a 185a dc power alt, or see how much singer will do a 200a for? Idk voltage issues n empty pockets is Fuckn gay!

Rebuild in progress...

Stock alts are rated at superseded output, so it will do 130 amps like balls to the wall throttle wide open. Also your car takes prob half of that amperage.

How are your batts wired? 1 batt in front 1 in rear? Or 2 batts in front? 2 in rear? Both batts grounded to frame?

Also after you connected them did you charge them up, if they are 2 different batts or even if 1 is lower than the other then it will drain both batts to equal each other out.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Stock alts are rated at superseded output, so it will do 130 amps like balls to the wall throttle wide open. Also your car takes prob half of that amperage. How are your batts wired? 1 batt in front 1 in rear? Or 2 batts in front? 2 in rear? Both batts grounded to frame? Also after you connected them did you charge them up, if they are 2 different batts or even if 1 is lower than the other then it will drain both batts to equal each other out.

1 in front 1 in rear. 0g + from front to back. Big 3 done in 0g up front. Back battery wired to frame. I didn't charge either of them. 2nd batt was kinda an impulse buy. Do you think charging them will help a lot? Or really should I jus take it back, save for an alt and add a batt or 2 if that doesn't solve my problem?

Rebuild in progress...

Charge it, try it, if you don't like it return it. Either way you're gonna want a H/O alt and a couple batts when all is said and done, but it doesn't mean it has to be that batt.

Will they take that batt back after it has been installed?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived