Jump to content

Mids/Highs - Setup Help


Joseph Chambers

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

I care more about mids and highs then a lot of bass. I feel that bass should compliment the sound not overwhelm it. While many have different taste in sound - lets look at my goals and my truck.

Truck:

  • 1999 Silverado 3 door ( extended cab )

Goal:

Add ipad into the dash with a good head unit. Adding a custom center console.

Components:

(This is what I have found so far)

  • Kenwood KAC-9105D AMP & (2) KFC-W3013PS 12 - $309.00 - I think 2 12"s under my rear seat ( sealed box ) would sound good.
  • Kenwood KAC-8405 4-Channel 720 Watts - $100 - I seen someone add the amps in the rear door ( 3 door silverado ) which I thought was cool. I found this amp and I think it's a good match with those speakers. Thoughts?
  • Kenwood KDC-X997 AM/FM/CD Bluetooth HD Radio USB Car Stereo Receiver KDCX997 RB - 199.90 - Good head unit?
  • SXV200 SiriusXM Connect Satellite Sirius Radio Direct Connect Adapter Tuner - $64.95 - might as well?
  • x4 PWX 8" Crescendo Pro Mid Ranges - $180
  • x4 FT1 Tweeter Crescendo Audio - $180
  • CZ Series 6"5 2 Way - 119.99

So far - the component total price: $1153.84

I do have a few questions:

  • Would you change any thing in the component list above for something in that price range that would sound better?
  • Suggested to add mid drivers and tweeters in the rear seats?
  • Headliner speakers above the back seat.. 6x9" - the guy who will make it said he will do it for 40 bucks. Suggested?

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Posted

I am looking at the the PWX 6.5" MID RANGE and the PWX 8" MID RANGE.

What is the difference between a 4 and 8 Ohm? Also, do you know if the box is one each or does it come in a set?

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Posted

I am looking at the the PWX 6.5" MID RANGE and the PWX 8" MID RANGE.

What is the difference between a 4 and 8 Ohm? Also, do you know if the box is one each or does it come in a set?

The ohm difference determines what you can wire them to. And it's 1 speaker per box, they don't come in pairs.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif
Posted

try looking at cadence cvl84mbx. I have 4 8's in my doors and it sounds killer. clean midrange and good midbass. they rate at 250 RMS but I push an easy 300 each and they take it like champs. Are u going active or passive. Cause u will need highs as well. if so try the beyma Ast09. i have em and they kick ass.

Posted

try looking at cadence cvl84mbx. I have 4 8's in my doors and it sounds killer. clean midrange and good midbass. they rate at 250 RMS but I push an easy 300 each and they take it like champs. Are u going active or passive. Cause u will need highs as well. if so try the beyma Ast09. i have em and they kick ass.

active or passive? I dont know the difference. Which one would you get. Also, that set up is more then I wanna spend. :) I have updated my shopping cart and I'm in budget. What would you suggest to change?

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Posted

try looking at cadence cvl84mbx. I have 4 8's in my doors and it sounds killer. clean midrange and good midbass. they rate at 250 RMS but I push an easy 300 each and they take it like champs. Are u going active or passive. Cause u will need highs as well. if so try the beyma Ast09. i have em and they kick ass.

active or passive? I dont know the difference. Which one would you get. Also, that set up is more then I wanna spend. :) I have updated my shopping cart and I'm in budget. What would you suggest to change?

active is power crossover passive is non powered.. active is having more control over each drivers frequncies, so more room to manipulate the crossover points. Passive is having the crossover control them, so no room to manipulate, crossover points are set in stone. if u try the cadence u can pair them with the soundstream tweets also. SST-05 they r good too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...