hershy314 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 I was looking through my news feed on FB and came across a story about fast food workers threatening to go on strike for a minimum wadge increase up to $15 an hour. Personally I think this is crazy. I work in the restaurant business and even I don't think they should get paid that much. I do just fine on $8.25 an hour, at least bills and rent are paid and that's working 20 hours a week. Hell even I some how managed to get an extra 10 hours a week I'd be happy. If these people want to make that kind of money they should really earn it. Go to college or something. Then again a college degree doesn't really mean you will get out of the restaurants. I have a couple friends back home who both have college degrees and are still waiting tables. I'm in college myself, but honestly I don't know if it will help me any or not. But I'm gonna keep at it and hope for the best. I do feel that the current minimum wadge is kinda low if anyone wants to try and make it on their own, but I know soon as minimum wadge goes up so does the cost of living. What are your thoughts on this? And people let's keep it friendly....ok. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Jessica Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Raise minimum wage and everything will get more expensive. So they will still be broke. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
hershy314 Posted July 29, 2013 Author Report Posted July 29, 2013 Yeah I know, sad how that works http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Jessica Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Also, fast food workers can go on strike all they want. No one will even notice because last time i checked it an unskilled labor position anyway. They will just replace them with scabs and not a fuck will be given. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
corey0928 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 what kind of bills do you have that you can live on 8.25/hour and only work 20 hours
fox_racin4 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Canadian min. Wadge is 10.25/hr BUT everything costs more, i can go eat in michigan ( im 20 min from can/us boarder) for half the price! Almost everything there is half the cost of what it is here. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
n8ball2013 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 you want to make 15 dollars an hour find another line of work. 75 percent of the dumb fucks you see working fast food are there because they cant get hired any where else. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
hershy314 Posted July 29, 2013 Author Report Posted July 29, 2013 Not easy trust me. One thing that helps is that my apartment is all electric so that does save on bills. Also a lot of what I have is energy efficient so that helps. On average my bills are around 520 including rent for the summer and around 600 in the winter. I do a lot to try and keep my bills low as possible. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
n8ball2013 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 I think what hes saying is he isnt living high on the hog but he makes due with what he has and does ok getting by. AKA being responsible THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
hershy314 Posted July 29, 2013 Author Report Posted July 29, 2013 you want to make 15 dollars an hour find another line of work. 75 percent of the dumb fucks you see working fast food are there because they cant get hired any where else. Hey now I'm one of those dumb fucks....ok not really, but I do find it hard to find a job outside the restaurant business since I've been in it for so long. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.