4 15s walled trouble! please help

I've been fooling around with Winisd and if for some reason I set the cubic feet 14.2 (thats after woofer, port, and bracing displacement) and tuning it to 32hz with 14.7 inches of port per cubic foot. From the graphs on Winisd though, the box seems like it will be really peaky and excel more in the high 40 hz area. to be precise on the positive db side of the graph it peaks at 48 hz at 10.4 db, but seems to roll off towards the low 30 hz area. It's only 2db at 32 hz. I could be wrong but wouldn't that seem to be more of an spl set up? I'm just really confused this will be first wall i will be designing and want to make sure it's done right. I want it to murder the lows, but still be musical for daily driving. I'll be using 4 obsidian 15's and running 4800 rms. From what i explained will this set up be good for the lows? If not what should I do to improve this?

• 6 months later...

Tuning your port to 32hz probably won't murder the lows. I'd do 25 hz. Winisd usually makes it ported graphs based on the fs of the driver. If you change it to 25 it will more than likely shift the graph.

Take it with a grain of salt. If your box is tuned low it'll pick lows. Being 2 db up at 32hz isn't bad. Being 10 db louder at 48 hz is probably not truly accurate. 14 cubes isn't huge for 4 15's but probably will give you a good balance of highs and lows. I use Winisd primarily to get port size and length. You truly will never know what is going to happen until you build it.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I though box was tiny

4 15s 14 cubes

my box was 4 15s and 22 cubes plus. Yes it was on the big side but still

W

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Those subs need a lot of volume to perform well on low notes. I'd try them at 5 cubes per sub.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Oh shit... well, I'm an old man.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived