Second Skin Audio

Solo x 18, box help (begginer)

kicker says its 10,000 watts max. For spl set ups only. Basically it can burp for a few seconds at 60 hz, if you don tblow the cone haha. THey say 4,000-5,000 rms is alright for daily, but ive heard of people frying coils in days. It really is meant for 3000 rms as a daily driver haha . This sub gets down low and dirty, like it flexes a lot even with my leaky box! Ive liquid nailed the inside and took hours and killed my back liftin git out, only to have it leak again. Im gonna build a fresh box aha. Ive never built one. Do you have any tips like if the wood is included in the dimensions, ect?

go to the torres calculator thread and just read up on it, then go to subwoofer and enclosure forums and read thru them, also search button is your friend man. Use it and it will help out a lot bro. Also welcome to the forums there is a lot of info on here that will teach u something. Lotta smart people on here that have been working on car system their whole life and some people that don't know a damn thing so you gotta sort thru the bullshit lol

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

possum nipple, I know exactly what box volume I want, what frequency I want, What space I have in my car, and I have the solo x specs just in case. I do not get the technicalities like if net means after of before port, etc. I really need some help so i dont F my box up, can someone point me in the write direction. Instead of saying, figure it out

10 cubes for 1 18?

had a solo-x 18 in my pt cruiser in a non walled setup with 2 kicker kx2500.1's had 2 optima g31 batts on factory alternator. 151's on the dash at 25hz always turned some heads.

Same, except I had 2 - 18" Solo X 18" with a Kicker kx2500.1 on each coil. Built the boxes to Kicker specs at 10 cubes per sub, never metered it, was only for daily ground pounding. Sounded great. turned heads, that was the only Kicker setup I have ever had.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived