Sonic Electronix

What the hell is going on in here?

There is no way to set gains with a multimeter. Voltage don't mean shit without knowing the resistance. Hell i could get 26v off a 50X4 amp with a multimeter. look at the chart i am going to post and tell me how fraking accurate is that?

You might as well set by ear if you are going to use a multimeter alone. I'm not telling you to buy a dd-1 or a o-scope, people set gains by ears all the time, not everyone blows shit up. But if you want to do it right you have two options. dd-1 or o-scope

Like i said, just hooking a MM to an amp with no speakers won't tell you much, even with the speakers hooked up you don't know what ohm load your amp is seeing because of rise, and even with a clamp meter you can't account for phase angle, so that doesnt help much either. You can get close, but try tuning a boss 1400 watt amp to rated power with a MM and see where that gets you. SMH

rmschartnodirections.jpg

Eric I have always set by multimeter ever since I got into car audio and it has alway done me great. Up until I had my amps dd-1'd they were set by multimeter and I was only .9v under where the dd-1 detected distortion. I don't know how the shit works but it does, and yes I know it isn't the most accurate thing.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived